Scales with body fat and water %

Mary B.
on 3/19/12 11:50 pm - Southern, MD
Sooo, Ive actually upped my workout with a personal trainer and bootcamp class.

I ended up gaining 5lbs. I KNOW, its not REAL, but it freaked me out. Our scale was about 7 years old and the husband mentioned we could pick up a new one. I decided I wanted one that measures body fat% as well. Figured if I at least saw a change in fat I'd feel better.

Im having trouble using it. I keep getting a water error. I dampen my feet and still dont get a reading. I'll try calling customer service and see if I can return it if I cant get it to work.

Anyone have any ideas?
    Banded Feb 23, 2009 / Revision to RNY Aug 25, 2010

Frances S.
on 3/20/12 2:44 am - Crystal Falls, MI
 I've never dampened my feet for my tanita body fat scale..
MacMadame
on 3/20/12 8:12 am - Northern, CA
My scale says to make sure my feet are bone dry. 

Also, don't be too disappointed when you see your body fat bounce all over the place. These scales are okay for measuring big changes on the way down but they aren't acurate enough to reliably tell you that you've lost/gained a small amount. I still have one but I take what it says with a grain of salt.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Mary B.
on 3/20/12 11:41 pm - Southern, MD
My scale says Im getting a water error code and to try to dampen (Not wet though) my feet for a better reading on the electrodes. IDK.

thanks for the tip. Guess I wont worry too much about it. Just looking for SOMETHING to give me good feedback.
    Banded Feb 23, 2009 / Revision to RNY Aug 25, 2010

Frances S.
on 3/20/12 11:42 pm - Crystal Falls, MI
 While I haven't done this myself, I keep meaning to.. I think measurements would be an easy way to get good feedback that isn't scale related.
Most Active