Heart Rate Monitor

Ms Shell
on 3/19/12 6:09 am - Hawthorne, CA
I have been wanting one for YEARS.  And now that I'm on a serious mission to get my regain back off and train for a 1/2 Marathon in October I think it's TIME.

Any recommendations?  I've been looking on Amazon and have my eye on the Polar FT4 as I have a friend who has one but I thought I'd ask here too!!

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

acbbrown
on 3/19/12 6:26 am - Granada Hills, CA
Is this a public commitment to the 1/2 M???

I cant help with the HRM advice, but I hope we can do some training together.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Ms Shell
on 3/19/12 6:36 am - Hawthorne, CA
Don't be commenting on my HRM thread with no other stuff.  I am committed to the Long Beach 1/2 in October!!

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

acbbrown
on 3/19/12 9:05 am - Granada Hills, CA
Uhhhh....HRMs are cool :)

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Seht
on 3/19/12 9:09 am
Do you just want the heart rate monitor or are you considering one of the watches that will do gps tracking keep your speed, pace, heartrate etc.

You can get the Garmin forerunner 305 which is there older model for $159 from WalMart
The new model is much more expensive because it is water proof and will do swim laps etc.

This one will do  your speed/pace/time/heart rate all the goodies you could want for training.
It will also work as a bike computer with the addition of a cadence sensor, you can get all "Geek" data you could possibly want.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Garmin-Forerunner-305-GPS-Receiver-With-Heart-Rate-Monitor-010-00467-00/4601003

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Ms Shell
on 3/19/12 12:57 pm - Hawthorne, CA
Thanks that might just be the one I get...

MacMadame
on 3/19/12 12:08 pm - Northern, CA
And, if you think you'll just use it for running (no biking, for example), they've got one just for that. I think it's the 605? 

I would get one with a GPS because it can really help you with your running goals.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

ads2e
on 3/21/12 1:58 am - Washington, DC
I have a Polar Hear Rate monitor and I love it.  I use it every time I exercise.  I've had 2-3 Polar monitors in the last 10+ years.  They are very high quality and last a long time. 

Once I started wearing a monitor, I saw a noticeably (positive) difference in my workouts because I had more information to work with in planning my workouts and could better tell whether I was working too hard (or not quite hard enough) when I was exercising.   
Most Active