Have you done any of the 90 day hard core workouts?

ididabadbadthing
on 3/13/12 2:27 am - TN
 Hi,

I am in pretty good shape but want to get really in shape for the summer and drop some winter stress pounds. My husband has so many health issues I can't leave the home and have to take care of him.   So I am looking for something I can do at home. I have heard of the PX90 workout.

Are there any others?
Have  you tried them?
Do they work?
What would you suggest?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Take care,
Idid :-)
Kim S.
on 3/14/12 5:30 am - Helena, AL
Years ago I started with Power 90, the precursor to P90X.  Still use the ab 200 today.

I have been a P90X devotee for over 2 years now.  I credit it with the muscle definition and overall physical strength and stamina I have today.  I worked out for a year before I got it on nautilus weight machines and a treadmill and only saw the big changes after I started P90X.

Pros
Great variety in the workouts.  You do not get bored.
Challenging-you will get such a sense of accomplishment from the things you can do.
You don't need a bunch of equipment to do it-just a TV and DVD player, open floor space and some weights or resistance bands.  You should have a pull up bar, but there are alternatives to do them with the resistance bands.
You will be amazed at how strong your entire core gets from ab ripper X!

Cons
Not for the weak at heart!  It is very challenging, but you can over time work up to doing all the workouts....if you don't get discouraged.
Expensive
Yoga workout is too long!  It is 1.5 hours....I only do 45 minutes of it.

I loved the challenge of working toward being able to do the entire workouts.  I do not follow the nutrition plan-never even looked at it.  I also don't exlusively use P90X....I integrate it with other activities that I do-like yoga, running and hiking.  The only weight training I do is with P90X and I use the cardio workouts when I cannot get outdoors to run.  I really do believe the "muscle confusion" is what gets results.

I like it so much that I also bought P90X+ and now P90X2.

exohexoh
on 3/22/12 2:09 pm - West Chester, PA
 how much open space do you need? i have the program but unfortunately only have a tiny amount of free space in my apartment, i would say maybe a 4x5 area. 

<3 jen <3

<3 starting weight: 252 <3 goal weight: 135 <3 current weight: 151 <3

RNY: 9/27/10 <3 Extended Tummy Tuck w/hip & thigh lipo: 6/6/13

Kim S.
on 3/23/12 5:45 am - Helena, AL
I have an 8x10 floor mat that I workout on.  You need to be able to lay on the floor to do pushups, and situps...and you need to be able to kick and punch, do jumping jacks....and yoga....so not a lot of space, but you need some room.

Most Active