Early Morning Exercise - NO ENERGY!!

jc75035
on 3/13/12 12:51 am - TX
Most of the time I go to the gym just before lunch. By that time I would have eaten Cream of Wheat for Breakfast and probably has some Greek yoghurt to boost protein.

I currently work on Cardio exclusively and will go hard for about 40-45 minutes and easily burn 500+ calories.

This morning I walked in the gym at 6:30 after having a Cream of Wheat about 40 minutes earlier and I had no energy and felt like I couldn't go anymore after about 20 minutes.

Any advice that can help with this. Sometime my work schedule doesn't allow me to go to the gym during lunch or after work and I have to go in the morning - any advice and help would be appreciated.

MacMadame
on 3/13/12 1:14 am - Northern, CA
Caffeine?

You might also find you are just the kind of person who can't eat a lot before exercising in the morning. I generally have a sports drink or pop a gel before morning exercise and don't go for the full breakfast.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

InkdSpEdTchr
on 3/13/12 4:33 am, edited 3/13/12 4:34 am
I don't know when you had your surgery, but if you are more than a few weeks out, why are you having such a high carb/low protein breakfast?  Are you meeting your protein goals?

I also am unaware of what your surgeons plan is, but I believe that most recommend that you stay away from such simple carbs once you are able to eat mushy foods for at least 6months.

Have you tried having protein for breakfast? A shake, an egg, some deli meat, a bit of cheese...it might help a lot.

Good Luck,
:Danni

:Danni  >>>AIDS/LifeCycle 10 & 11 Finisher: 545miles on the bike in 7 days <<<
HW390/SW340/CW 208/GW170

jc75035
on 3/13/12 6:46 am - TX
Thanks for the advice - will add more protein for breakfast!!

LJ1972
on 3/13/12 12:32 pm - FL
I have a protein shake w/ 1/2 a banana
Prov31
on 3/17/12 3:57 am
I drink a can of tomato juice before my workout and then have a strong protein shake with a banana afterwards, and then will eat an egg and an apple for breakfast after my shake!
You were born an orginal, don't die a copy!    
Most Active