2 WEEKS POSTOP RNY

Natali1983
on 3/13/12 11:48 am - miramar, FL
RNY on 02/28/12
HEY GUYS IM SUPER EXCITED ABOUT WORKING OUT (WALKING)...IM ONLY 2WEEKS POSTOP BUT I FEEL GREAT..IM MUCH LIGHTER ON MY FEET N WHEN I WAS 330LBS I USED TO WALK 2MILES WHEN I WOULD "ATTEMPT" TO LOSE WEIGHT....WHATS YOUR OPINION ON TRYING TO WALK THAT NOW BEING 2WEEKS POSTOP?
Natali

cabin111
on 3/13/12 1:35 pm
Walking is the best thing for you at this time.  What I tell new post ops is walk, sip, sleep...repeat.  You need to let the healing process continue for the first 6 weeks.  Let the wounds both inside and outside heal.  the only way that can happen is during sleep.  So don't push yourself too early.  There will be plenty of time for exercise and fitness.
One thing I will say about exercise and WLS is you cycle upward rather than downward.  You lose some pounds which allows you to move better and exercise more...Which in turn causes you to lose more weight which in turn makes it easier to exercise more (longer and harder exercises).  So instead of a vicious cycle downward...Like with weight gain...You cycle upward.  Plenty of time for the exercise...But rest and walking for now is the best course.
Most Active