Advice Needed

J.Lo 74
on 3/7/12 8:14 pm
Hi everyone,

I was sleeved in August '11 and went through a leak. The entire ordeal lasted through January.  I was unable to eat solids - just liquids and lost 110 lbs during that time. 

I now eat about 550-600 calories a day. Protein ranges from 60-85 and carbs are under 20.  I exercise 1hr to 2hrs 5 or 6 days a week.  My weight loss has completely stalled.  I spoke to my nutrionist about this.  She would like me to increase my calories and cut back on exercise to 4 hrs per week.  I'm afraid to slow it down at this point.  Do you guys have any advice? What works for you? Anybody have a similar situation?  Thanks in advance.

Jen
Seht
on 3/8/12 12:11 am
Generally I broke my stall by doing just the opposite, but you are eating such a small amount, I think it would be a good idea to give the increased calories a try.

The other thing you can do is try to shake up your workout.  Add a couple minutes, do something different, shake it up a bit.  What was hard at several hundred pounds isn't the same now.
Increase intesity or duration or both.

Best of luck.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Kim S.
on 3/8/12 5:59 am - Helena, AL
The first thing I'd do is up the calories/carbs.  I wouldn't cut back on the exercise...but that is just my opinion.....I never had a stall, so I don't know how to get over them.....I found it so funny when my surgeon called me a "fast loser".....THAT had never happened in my life!

for a solid 13 months I lost every single week......and then I hit my body's happy weight and have been there since.

Try new things too.....freaks the body out when it doesn't know what is coming next.

I am so proud of you for making exercise an important part of your journey!!  It really is the key to long lasting weight control and overall good fitness.

J.Lo 74
on 3/8/12 7:55 am
I'll definitely try to up my calories.Thanks for the advice and encouragement . I appreciate it :)
Carrie W.
on 3/8/12 1:02 pm - KY
I hit a stall when I started hitting the gym hard too. I upped my calories and I'm right back to losing. Good luck!!
  HW 347/SW 328/CW 176/GW 160                   

J.Lo 74
on 3/9/12 6:54 am
Thanks Carrie!  Glad that you're losing again.
Most Active