Embarrassing question: runner's trots and WLS

readerchick
on 2/21/12 1:09 am - Canada
LOL! This happened to me last night. I was at the gym on the treadmill and my trainer was yelling at me to run faster. So I did, right off the treadmill and into the bathroom :)

It was my own fault as I was drinking a tea with a mild laxative about an hour before. It is not supposed to kick in for a few hours at least. I guess the running accelerated it. Lesson learned!

Bettisima
on 2/21/12 11:27 am
I had this issue pre op and still do post op. Which is why I still stick close to the treadmill instead of long distance walk/runs. I haven't figured out the right combination of food, drink and timing.

I am hopeful I will get it figured out. Would live to do a half and full marathon. Just can't work up the nerve to sign up yet.
rjsams
on 2/21/12 9:25 pm - Eagan, MN
It's comforting in a bizarre way that this is so common. 

Still working on the answer, but I have run 7 miles each day for the last two days with not a hint of a problem.  The first one I just didn't eat beforehand.  Yesterday my run was in the evening, but I hadn't had much to eat for a couple of hours.  Maybe that is going to be the ticket.

I bought some Honey Stingers for refueling during a run--haven't tried them yet, but I have heard good things about them.

Most Active