Running question.....again

KatCooper
on 2/15/12 7:12 am - Collierville, TN
 Thanks!!!  I will just keep doing with the voice on my phone tells me to do!!  :-)   

Lots of 5K's, 10K's., 4 1/2 Marathons, 3 Sprint Triathlon done. 2 Olympics and my  First IRONMAN 70.3 September 2013 and First Full Marathon Dec 2013  !!!!!

My blog- www.NPRunner.blogspot.com

RICE01
on 2/17/12 4:51 am
totally agree with Sue.  once you have the distance down the speed with come without even really trying.  you will be surprised.  sounds like you are doing awesome!

J
MacMadame
on 2/16/12 3:55 am - Northern, CA
 I waited until I could run the whole thing bfeore I started worrying about my pace. This worked for me as I took 4 min. off my 1 mile time trial pace in a 10 month time period.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Kim H.
on 2/16/12 6:05 am - VA
RNY on 07/11/11 with
I'm doing C25K too and run both inside & outside depending on the weather. This article was helpful to me:
http://askcoachjenny.runnersworld.com/2009/02/what-incline-should-i-use-on-my-treadmill.html

I am my own hero...I save myself one day, one meal, one bite, one choice, one challenge, one step at a time...
readerchick
on 2/17/12 12:49 am - Canada
I am such a slow runner it is pretty sad. I blame it on my short legs :)

I am planning on working on endurance not speed right now. Hopefully when I get the confidence that I can make it 10k without dying I can work on being lightening fast :)

My big first race is the last weekend in May. I am super excited!

rjsams
on 2/18/12 11:31 pm - Eagan, MN
I just started working with a running coach, and one of the things he harps at ALL of us is not to run too fast. Every workout has a purpose; some are for increasing speed, some are for increasing endurance. You definitely shouldn't try to run as fast as you can for every workout--you will just set yourself up for injury if you do. There are lots of books and websites out there that will give you recommended paces for various workouts depending on your current 5K pace. Good luck!
Most Active