SERIOUS QUESTION

dvolumptious1
on 2/10/12 10:01 am
Is there a website or phone buddy system out there that people can use to keep eachother accountable and motivated to work out each morning. I have been doing great and I don't want to stop like I have in  the past so I wonder if there is a mechanism out there to give me that extra encouragement. Something like an AA buddy system but its focus is to keep people motivated.

Left the band and rocking with RNY.
They say I have an eating disorder but I say, I have my eating in order.         

Constantine
on 2/10/12 12:01 pm
Try www.myfitnesspal.com 

They have lots of accountability groups, etc.

dvolumptious1
on 2/10/12 9:17 pm
Thanks. I think I went up there before but didn't really try it.
Bostonbabs
on 2/11/12 9:37 am
i signed up for a boot camp with a neighbor.  We keep each honest and on track, and good thing because 4:30 am gets a little tough to maintain a commitment too.  6 weeks so far, and neither of us has missed a class (just twice a week, but keeps me motivated enough to make the gym on my own at least 3 other days a week).  I agree having someone else to keep me hontest is the best motivator i've ever had.  Does your gym have a board where you can post?  I bet there's someone else looking for the same thing....
  BW 257/SW 244/GW 150, HT 5'8"          
dvolumptious1
on 2/11/12 10:01 pm
Buddying up is something that I haven't done yet. It is something that I am highly interested in as my workouts have gotten to be somewhat rouitine and boring. I'm thinking that I may have one friend who would be willing to buddy up with me. I have always been a one man show but the more I lost weight, the harder its gotten to lose and stay motivated. I definitely think I need to change my pace.  
fit2lose
on 2/12/12 9:14 pm - MN
VSG on 05/07/12
There are some sites out there that tie money to your workout goals.  Wish I could remember what they are, but its something to check into.
Most Active