Wish me luck!

acbbrown
on 2/10/12 4:22 am - Granada Hills, CA
I'm riding in the Tour de Palm Springs tomorrow - i'll be attempting the 56 mile route with a lot of rollers. I'm trying to stay positive but I'm also really doubting my ability to do this.

Any tips on how to mentally survive this? I've only been riding for a little over 2 months, and all I can think is how I am in way over my head even though physically, i think I'm good to go. I'm a little afraid of the pain :-p

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

InkdSpEdTchr
on 2/10/12 5:40 am
You and 10,000 other folks will be riding- so I would recommend that you bring your own food! Just in case LOL!

I have a couple friends who've gone down to do it, they say it's a really fun and pretty ride. They said the route is on MapMyRide.com and that it's only got 2 climbs and neither one is very big (I think under 2,000 elevation) so no worries.

I hope you enjoy it! Don't think of it as 56 miles, think of it as every 8-14 miles, there is a rest stop, and just go rest stop to rest stop. That way it doesn't seem so looming.

You are going to do just fine, and I'll be looking forward to your ride report!

:Danni

:Danni  >>>AIDS/LifeCycle 10 & 11 Finisher: 545miles on the bike in 7 days <<<
HW390/SW340/CW 208/GW170

acbbrown
on 2/10/12 7:57 am - Granada Hills, CA
 Good thing I got a new jersey with big pockets for food!!

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

KatCooper
on 2/10/12 5:41 am - Collierville, TN
 Ok, if you were afraid of the pain you wouldnt be riding a bike!!!  LOL, I went 6 miles and my female parts are killing me.  I cant wrap my brain around 56 miles!!!   I am sure Danni will chime in about the mental thing, but look at where you have come from!!!    I am going to actually try to run , OMG, I just typed run...a 5K tomorrow. My goal is dualtholns, but we are talking about you ......I am guessing the worst part will be the rollers.  Is there a way you can program your music to have uplifting music hit when the rollers occur?  How long will it take you to do this?  Maybe you could preplan a break so you dont feel like you are pooping out or quiting.  Also, one thing I do, it remember to be greatful when you are hurting the worst.....when I think I am about to die on the treadmill, track, elliptical whatever, I think about where I was a year ago.  I am so thankful for my tool and the blessings of health I have received because of it....I can usually grin through the pain. Does that make sense???   
I am so impressed with your journey and what you are attempting to do!!!   Yeah, its gonna hurt, but its also gonna feel REALLY good!!!!   I will be sending thoughts and prayers your direction!!!

Kat

Lots of 5K's, 10K's., 4 1/2 Marathons, 3 Sprint Triathlon done. 2 Olympics and my  First IRONMAN 70.3 September 2013 and First Full Marathon Dec 2013  !!!!!

My blog- www.NPRunner.blogspot.com

Most Active