Hump day Workouts!

Paul C.
on 2/7/12 9:42 pm - Cumming, GA
4000m swim 1:35

Week is half over!
Paul C.
First 5K 9/27/20 46:32 - 11 weeks post op  (PR 28:55 8/15/11)
First 10K 7/04/2011 1:03      
      First 15K 9/18/2011 1:37
First Half Marathon 10/02/2011 2:27:44 (
PR 2:24:35)   
First Half Ironman 9/30/12 7:32:04
NowIliveforaerobicsandnotfood
on 2/8/12 1:31 am
30 minutes stationary bike, 30 minutes treadmill.
nate2009
on 2/8/12 2:10 am - Lebanon, OH
80 mins weights - back/ hams
    No longer about weight , it's all about living.            
superconducting
on 2/8/12 5:10 am - Montgomery, NY
 great swim Paul!   1 hour kick but spin class... really stepping up the intensity.  Followed it with a 800 yard swim speed workout.  Been a long time since I swam after cardio, forgot how much harder that makes it ;)  

Jillian O.
on 2/8/12 8:38 am - Fort Riley, KS
Awesome swim Paul!

I did a 73 minute interval workout on the bike trainer

Jillian
Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran, Army Wife, 3x Ironman Finisher

MacMadame
on 2/8/12 11:56 am - Northern, CA
 Walked at lunch with the guys.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

DANCBJAMMIN
on 2/8/12 1:15 pm - Fort Worth, TX
I TOOK (Not taught) 2 Back-to-back Spin Classes and concluded the following:

Great workouts tonight. I didn't teach, I just rode! Christie is out of town and I am on kid duty and had to give up 2 of my 5:30am classes this week so I needed to get a couple in while the Kids Club was open. Interesting being with 2 different instructors. Instructor 1 was fantastic and pushed the class with positive mental cues and consistant encouragement (even though the music was not my favorite) still a wonderful class. Instructor 2 did as well, however, here is my take... On the intervals, I am guessing I was pushing 375 - 400+ watts (or roughly 27-28mph on the road) with a cadence of 90-95 rpm's and had a pool of sweat on the floor beneath me to speak to my level of effort (As there always is)... One of the fellas who used to take my class on Wed at Horne was there behind me and the isntructor yelled out "How you feeling"... He said, "I think Dan's bike has a hidden engine on it", to which she replied "That's because he hardly has any resistance". I instantly thought to myself that I hope I never belittle someone in my classes or deminished their efforts. If I ever have, I publicly and humbly apologize! In Spin, there really is NO WAY to determine how hard someone is working by looking at them because resistance or gear is NOT something that can be seen, it is soley something that is FELT, just as a sense of accomplishment cannot be seen but only felt by those who persevered to attain THEIR goal. I felt that I accomplished what I set out to do this evening and felt GREAT having put in a good effort. I feel a renewed sense of purpose in my teaching, to be sure to recognize people for their efforts and again try to find the best in every person and have them leave PROUD of what they accomplished! Perspective is a great thing...
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Rob S.
on 2/8/12 9:06 pm - DE
You got it. Everyone needs to decide what they want to get out of a class on their own. I always thought it would be neat if all the spin bikes were controlled by the instructor, and he/she could set the level of resistance. I always find myself missing the instruction to "turn the knob right".

Rob  

mcarthur01
on 2/8/12 9:46 pm - Cumming, GA
long travel day... finally back home in the states.  will try to hit the gym to stretch my legs this afternoon and start thinking about ending the off-season and ramping up for the tri-season.
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

Hawgman
on 2/8/12 10:17 pm - TX
4 miles at 9:20 pace
Most Active