Need advice

Susan1219
on 1/29/12 11:18 am - LA
I am only 3 weeks post op from a gastric bypass. Right now I am just walking a few miles every other day. I was told not to do aerobics until 6 weeks post op. So how can I bump up my physical fitness?
acbbrown
on 1/29/12 12:00 pm - Granada Hills, CA
 If you're 3 weeks post op, you should really be focusing on recovering from a major surgery. Don't worry about bumping up your fitness quite yet. 

6 weeks is probably a good point to start increasing your workouts - slowly and gradually. 

Now would be a good time to sit and think about some fitness related goals - what do you hope to accomplish? Once you decide that, we might be able to give you a little better advice on what to do. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

mcarthur01
on 1/29/12 5:43 pm - Cumming, GA
just keep walking for now.  i walked consistently everyday for at least 30 minutes, after i felt stronger (4 weeks or so) i was walking a bit faster and longer, but still taking it fairly easy.  after 6 weeks i was cleared by my surgeon for all exercise at that point i started to hit the gym and incorporated strength training.  keep it up, 6 weeks will be here in no time and make sure you are consulting your medical team with your goals.
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

Scott William
on 1/29/12 9:09 pm
Walk everyday.
Susan1219
on 1/29/12 11:58 pm - LA
Thanks for the advice. I will just keep walking for now and set some physical fitness goals for later after 6 weeks post op. I am planning on joining a gym and getting a trainer (so I don't end up hurting myself) :)
DANCBJAMMIN
on 1/30/12 9:30 am - Fort Worth, TX
I agree with everyone else. Walk every day and allow your body to fully recover. You have a lifetime to gain your fitness back and maintain it, do not jeopardize any of that for the sake of impatience :)  Congrats on your surgery, it's an awesome journey...
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Most Active