Need motivation to workout

Charn_n_ladi
on 1/21/12 7:20 am
I had my surgery 8 yrs ago and currently I need to lose 50lbs.  I can't seem to get motivated and I and really scared to mess up my "tool".  Those of you that have problems maintaining your weight, any advice would be great.  I will admit that I am also not consistent with taking my vitamins or my water intake... maybe this may be the source of my issue.
Laurie T.
on 1/22/12 2:25 am, edited 1/22/12 2:26 am - MA
Good look in a body mirror for five minutes.

On the other side of fear lies freedom.

Kim S.
on 1/22/12 5:50 am - Helena, AL
Motivation comes from inside you.  We can inspire you, but you have to find your motivation.  You know that you reap what you sow....

You have to find activities you like so it doesn't feel like "work".  Then make it a priority.  Exercise is just as important as eating, working, and sleeping.  It just simply must be done and takes priority over other things like TV and reading.....

You invested a lot to get surgery..........don't miss this opportunity to change your ways so you can be the healthiest you can be.

mcarthur01
on 1/22/12 6:37 am - Cumming, GA
what kim said.
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

Charn_n_ladi
on 1/22/12 7:05 am
Thank you all for your posts.  I do need to think about it as an investment.  I have gone through a lot since having the surgery and I am finally at a point where I am not in pain or consistently feeling sick.  I am excited about getting back on track.  I will start tomorrow with excercise.  i started today with vitamins, water, and getting in my veggies.  I will keep you posted on my progress.  :)
mcarthur01
on 1/22/12 7:19 am - Cumming, GA
great, hope to see you on the daily workout threads.  it's a good start just to post there daily, even when you are taking a rest day.
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

Kim S.
on 1/22/12 10:03 am - Helena, AL
It really does help to post on the daily thread.  Once I've committed to it on the board, I am obligated to get it done!

DANCBJAMMIN
on 1/23/12 1:07 am - Fort Worth, TX
You stated your are "REALLY scared to mess up your tool", but do not follow the protocol for supplimentation or water intake and make no mention of excercise, but have the desire to lose 50lbs... Our "Tool" will only work as hard for us as we work for it. It is NOT a magic potion, a silver bullet, a complete SOLUTION, as you stated it is a tool. A lawnmower can not cut grass without being pushed, a car cannot move without being turned on and taken out of PARK, a light cannot glow without the switch being turned on. You need to re-focus, set attainable goals and MAKE yourself do the right things. Drink plenty of water, get your protein in, take your vitamins, excercise every day, and gain CONTROL back. You got this... After you force yourself to do it for a couple weeks, it becomes habbit, then it will become enjoyable. Success is always more enjoyable than failure...
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Most Active