Lack of sweat

NHPOD9
on 1/18/12 7:38 am
Since my surgery, I have pretty consistently walked and hiked.  Around Xmas, in addition to my walks, I have added DVDs workouts, primarily Zumba and Walking Off the Pound videos.  

However, even though I am completely exhausted and am giving 110%, I have yet to break a sweat.  I can't even finish the 45 minute Zumba video, as I don't have the energy.  

I didn't find the lack of sweat concerning when I was just hiking/walking, as my goal was movement then and if I got tired, I just rested.  But now that I am doing videos that preop left me drenched, I guess I just don't understand why I am not sweating. 

Does this seem like something I need to be worried about?  I can't decide if this is abnormal or if I'm just not pushing myself enough yet.

~Jen
RNY, 8/1/2011
HW: 348          SW: 306          CW:-fighting regain
    GW: 140

He who endures, conquers. ~Persius

acbbrown
on 1/18/12 8:02 am - Granada Hills, CA
 Whats your fluid intake like? If you are low on fluids, you won't sweat much. If you know you are well hydrated, I wouldn't be too concerned. 

When I first started spinning, I'd be drenched in sweat but now, months later, I don't always sweat as much. It also depends on the temp/ventilation inside where I'm working out. I hardly ever sweat outdoors. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Jillian O.
on 1/18/12 10:41 am - Fort Riley, KS
I am not a sweater either, and I do some pretty tough training, and last year I did my ironman training in 100+ degree weather to get ready for a hot race and I sweated more, but not exactly drenched. But unlike you, I have never been a sweater. Make sure you are drinking plenty of fluids all day. Warning, If you are working out and your skin feels really hot to the touch but you are not sweating, that is a serious problem and you need to stop as soon as you realize it, but if you are not sweating much, its not really a problem, our bodies go through a lot of changes when we have WLS.

Jillian
Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran, Army Wife, 3x Ironman Finisher

LJ1972
on 1/18/12 1:01 pm - FL
I am the same way... pre-op working out with the PT I would drip sweat from my face, my shirt would be soaked. Now I am working out with the PT and just "glisten" no matter how much I am busting. I take in 70oz or more of fluids, generally.
Kim S.
on 1/18/12 10:49 pm - Helena, AL
If you are properly hydrated, and you feel fine, I wouldn't be overly concerned.

As you get stronger and healthier, it will take higher intensity to get to sweating.  Also, this time of year, temps are cooler so it takes longer to "get hot".  

I sweat from the head the most, and really get a good soaking in the summer, but in the winter, I just glisten.

Kim

NHPOD9
on 1/19/12 7:02 am
 Thank you for all the responses.  I do struggle with getting enough fluid in a day; at most I take in 6 cups.  I'll try harder to drink more, especially since I've upped my exercise level.

Thanks!

~Jen
RNY, 8/1/2011
HW: 348          SW: 306          CW:-fighting regain
    GW: 140

He who endures, conquers. ~Persius

Most Active