Power90 ??

ruggie
on 1/16/12 7:16 am - Sacramento, CA
Hi people -

I was wanting to start exercising differently, to do something other than elliptical trainer machine over and over.

A lot of people at my workplace are doing the P90X thing and according to people I ask about it, P90X doesn't seem 'welcoming' to an exercise newbie.  I was wondering if anyone had experience with the 'regular' Power 90?  Is that an easier starting place?

Thanks in advance for any feedback....

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

Kim S.
on 1/16/12 7:49 am - Helena, AL
Yep!  I did it before I did P90X and still do the Power90 ab 200 sometimes.  Great workouts, and when you can do the advanced one comfortably you'll be ready for P90X.

I've been doing P90X and P90X+ for 2 years and just got P90X2 for Christmas. You CAN do P90X as a beginner provided you don't have any health issues that would make exercising at a high level dangerous.  Pretty much every move in the DVDs is demonstrated with a modified version, and Tony repeatedly tells you "do your best and forget the rest".  Literally, I could only do 2 or 3 of certain moves and it took months to be able to do it all....BUT I DID IT!

If you are easily discouraged from not being able to do the moves, then I'd wait.  If you love a challenge and are physically able, go for P90X!

KatCooper
on 1/16/12 10:24 am - Collierville, TN
 Kim, 
Would you suggest starting with the Power 90?  I have borrowed P90X from a friend but havent started it yet.  If Power 90 is "easier" I may look at getting that one instead.
Thanks for your input!
Kat

Lots of 5K's, 10K's., 4 1/2 Marathons, 3 Sprint Triathlon done. 2 Olympics and my  First IRONMAN 70.3 September 2013 and First Full Marathon Dec 2013  !!!!!

My blog- www.NPRunner.blogspot.com

Kim S.
on 1/16/12 11:54 pm - Helena, AL
Power 90 is easier in that the moves are not as complex as P90X but it still gives you a great workout.  If you are in any way intimidated by P90X (I was!) then yes, start with Power 90 to build stamina, coordination and muscle-then you'll be ready for P90X.

However, even after Power 90, P90X kicked me to the curb!  But I liked it and had to prove to myself that I could do it, and I did just that!  I really like all the workouts in:

Power 90
P90X
P90X+
P90X2

P90X is where I saw the most dramatic change in my overall strength and muscle tone, and I can already tell it is getting even better with P90X2.  Power 90 basically proved to me that I could exercise at a high intensity level and do it with coordination....it gave me the confidence to go to the "next level".

Most Active