Been a long time, need Marathon advice please

fatfreemama
on 1/14/12 7:57 am - San Jose, CA
 Hi Everyone!

First, congratulations to everyone on the Goofy and everythinge else you all have been doing.  I know it's been a long time since I've been on here.  I had my hernia repair and platics in September, and two major surgeries within a week of each other really took a lot out of me for a long time.  I'm finally cleared for all activities again and am back exercising.  I still have to add in the weight lifting in full, and I still get twinges in my stomach where the hernia was which scare me.  But I'm able to keep up in Zumba, do 6 miles on my elliptical, and still do the hill walk so I guess I didn't get as out of shape as I thought I might.  We also now have a bike for me to ride and hubby and I did 14 miles last week for my 3rd bike ride.  Starting to get more comfortable and confident on the bike again.

So my surgery sister, Frances, and I are considering doing a full Marathon for our 3rd anniversary in December.  First, neither of us is sure we will be able to do it.  But besides that, it's picking one between her (Michigan) and me (California).  I've found three that might work, but I know nothing about the locations or the marathons so was wondering if any of you had any advice about which one to pick.

http://www.kiawahresort.com/recreation/marathon/

http://www.runpalmbeaches.com/events/marathon.aspx

http://www.stjudemarathon.org/marathon.htm

Thanks!
Jan

Bay to Breakers 12K May 15, 2011 (1:54:40)           First 5K 5/23/11 (41:22)
Half Marathons: Napa:  7/18/10  (4:11:21)   7/17/11 (3:30:58)   7/15/12  (3:13:11.5) 

SJ Rock and Roll: 10/2/10 (3:58:22)  Run Surf City: 2/6/11 (3:19:54) 
                         Diva: 5/6/12 (3:35:00) 
HW/SW/CW  349/326/176
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Albert Einstein

mcarthur01
on 1/14/12 9:39 am - Cumming, GA
those all looks good to me... you may want to check out vegas, i think they do a rock and roll marathon event around December 4th every year (and i think it runs at night down the strip).

i liked the memphis one the best, then again, i like memphis.  also, the memphis race has aide stations every mile after mile 3, not bad.
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

acbbrown
on 1/15/12 12:15 am - Granada Hills, CA
I dont have any advice, but wanted to say welcome back

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

MacMadame
on 1/15/12 8:55 am - Northern, CA
Here's another vote for the Vegas Rock 'n Rock Marathon. It's a blast and people wear all sorts of crazy things and also do things like get married during it!

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Most Active