P90X2-Update

Kim S.
on 1/11/12 12:24 am - Helena, AL
So I'm a few weeks into it, and I still haven't done all the routines because I mix running and hiking in too....but so far:

1)  I highly recommend you master P90X before trying P90X2.  You are expected to know many of the moves

2)  The overriding theme is strength and balance.  Many of the routines are done in a balance pose which is providing more core training and lower body, even when doing arms.  This element is a real plus!

3)  If you've done P90X, P90X2 will not kill you like P90X did in the early days.  You are already in good shape, this just enhances it.  However, many of the new moves are tricky and will take a few rounds to master. 

4)  New props:  I'm not a fan of this "rumble roller" work that is done to relieve muscle tension, but to be fair, I haven't invested in one to see if I like it....I've been doing the alternative provided in the workout.  I do like the work with the weighted bar and the giant ball!  Really I think the props are more to keep your mind occupied so you don't realize how bad the exercises hurt!!

5)  I'm not thrilled with the fact that the last 2 pockets in the DVD collection are empty with a message prompting me to "buy those additional workouts".  Really?  I think beachbody.com has enough of my money!  That is tacky.

All in all, very pleased and looking forward to finishing all the workouts.

InkdSpEdTchr
on 1/11/12 1:39 am
Thanks for the updates Kim- it's good to know that there are good options for tough at-home workouts!

:Danni

:Danni  >>>AIDS/LifeCycle 10 & 11 Finisher: 545miles on the bike in 7 days <<<
HW390/SW340/CW 208/GW170

KatCooper
on 1/11/12 11:16 pm - Collierville, TN
 Thanks for the review!  I am looking for at home work out and will have P90X this weekend.  I am borrowing it from a friend who no longer uses it.   It looks really intimidating, but I am going to give it a shot!  
Kat

Lots of 5K's, 10K's., 4 1/2 Marathons, 3 Sprint Triathlon done. 2 Olympics and my  First IRONMAN 70.3 September 2013 and First Full Marathon Dec 2013  !!!!!

My blog- www.NPRunner.blogspot.com

Kim S.
on 1/12/12 9:51 am - Helena, AL
I was very intimidated, but I was so determined to prove I could do it.  I never thought I'd like it as much as I do!  I did Power 90 (the precursor to P90X) for a while before I tried it.

They show you good modifications so that you'll have alternatives, and you should only do as much as you can and work up to it.  It killed me at first, but I worked up to it.

Have fun!  Let me know if I can help.

glzgowlass
on 1/13/12 7:52 am - VA
RNY on 09/14/11 with
Is Power 90 for beginners?

HW: 218, SW: 204, CW: 139 GW: 112-119

Kim S.
on 1/17/12 8:12 am - Helena, AL
Yes, most beginners could start with this.

Most Active