Is 7 days to much

LaToya S.
on 1/8/12 4:41 am - Edwardsville, IL
I am a little over 5 weeks post-op. I usually work out 5-6 days a week but have done 7. My question is, is 7 days too much? Just looking for some opinions...I thought I had read somewhere that 7 days was too much for our bodies but I could be wrong.

LaToya
www.youtube.com/user/lmscrogg

Twitter: @ScrogginsFamily  

acbbrown
on 1/8/12 6:25 am - Granada Hills, CA
Id say walking is probably fine, but it is a good idea and strongly recommended to take a rest day to let your body recover. If you work out 7 days a week consistently, you might start looking at some injuries or general fatigue.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Earl C.
on 1/8/12 10:46 am - Circleville, OH
It depends on what you're doing and at what intensity. I think it's ok for beginners to workout 6 or 7 days a week because you can't generate the intensity of a more experienced trainer yet, so it's not as hard for you to recover from a workout. I'm thinking weight training but the same would apply to running I would think. I think walking every day if perfectly fine for most people and should be a bare minimum anyway.
Kim S.
on 1/10/12 12:09 am - Helena, AL
The short answer is no.

However, you can "overtrain" even if you workout a few days a week.  The key is to vary your workouts and listen to your body.  Do not work the same muscle group (weights) two days in a row.

I generally do 6 days a week, but sometimes I'll go hiking on that 7th day or do yoga.

Most Active