Bad Goofy News...

mcarthur01
on 12/25/11 10:09 pm - Cumming, GA
sounds like your priorities are in order, sucks that we won't see you but under the cir****tances it appears that you have your hands full.  best of luck with your personal stuff going on and we'll just have to take a rain check on racing together until the next time.
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

Rob S.
on 12/25/11 10:33 pm - DE
Sorry to hear that you have to cancel. You have your priorities in order. Your 2011 accomplishment have been awesome and you are inspiration to everyone. Hope that life events get under control and better soon.

Rob  

Sue M.
on 12/26/11 3:15 am - Nantucket, MA
I'm am SO bummed you won't make it, I was looking forward to meeting you, but it certainly seems it's not the right thing for you and your family, and if you went, you wouldn't be yourself.  I hope everything works out in the family/job front positively, and I look forward to having another opportunity to meet up.

*hugs* to relieve any stress!

Read my blog, BARIATHLETE   I run because I can.

First 5K race October 4, 2009   (34.59)  PR 5/22/11 (27:26)
First 5 Mile: January 1, 2011 (50:30)
First 10K: July 4, 2010 (1:03.26) New PR 4/10/11 (1:01.14)
First 10 Mile: April 11, 2010  (1:46.15)
First 1/2 marathon: June 13, 2010 (2:22.21)  PR: 5/1/11 (2:17.30)
First Marathon: October 16, 2011: 5:47:20

Goofy Challenge: January 7-8, 2012
If you think you can, you can.  If you think you can't, you're right. - Mary Kay Ash
Jillian O.
on 12/26/11 4:43 am - Fort Riley, KS
Sorry to hear Andrew. Hope everything works out in the end. You are a great family man and I know this decsision was hard for you to make, but know you made the right one.

I am planning on doing the Goofy in 2013, Joel will be a month into his Afghanistan deployment and I will NEED something to make me foget about the pain of him being gone. Hopefully you can do it in 2013........

Jillian
Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran, Army Wife, 3x Ironman Finisher

Seht
on 12/27/11 1:13 am
Sorry to hear Andrew, I was looking forward to meeting you.
I haven't been around the last few days because of the same type of issues.
Grandma went into the hospital 2 days before Christmas and we weren't sure she was going to be coming home,

Add to that my wife's job being  outsourced, and we almost didn't go either.

Thankfully Grandma is back at home with us as of last night, and most of the trip was already paid for.

If this trip hadn't been family vacation as well as the race and the fact that most of it is non refundable, we might not be going either.

Best wishes Andrew, hopefully we will get to another race some time in the future.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

(deactivated member)
on 12/27/11 2:19 am
Uncertainty sucks.  Sounds like you are keeping priorities straight. 

BEST WISHES!
Scott William
on 12/27/11 10:19 pm
That really stinks for you.  Sorry that you can't make it!

If you would like, I would pick up your packet so that I can at least send you your shirts.  It will give me an excuse to go to the expo and not feel like a tool.  Quite honestly, I might put the bib's on for race day so nobody would question me if I run with some team members for a bit.

I think I would need a copy of your liscence and a short letter. 

Let me know.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
superconducting
on 12/31/11 3:43 am - Montgomery, NY
 thanks Scott!  Looks like someone wants to use my bib, so I think its a win win!  I am just happy somoene will get to use it!

MacMadame
on 12/28/11 11:13 am - Northern, CA
Ugh. Sometimes I want to kill my husband.

NOW that it's 2 weeks before our trip, he's talking about cancelling. Now. Not before we paid the final payment to Disney and I first brought it up. Not last month when I brought it up again. But now.

Stay tuned for more drama from Casa Mac.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

MacMadame
on 12/30/11 4:50 pm - Northern, CA
 Okay, he came to his senses. Crisis averted.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Most Active