Today is my Yoga day!!! Has Yoga changed your life?

superconducting
on 8/16/11 11:39 pm - Montgomery, NY
 "do or do not, there is not try"

Yea Yoda changed my life for sure.  Oh wait, Yoga?  Actually I would really like to get into it, I am sure it could halp with my flexibility which is non-existent.  Have to find a dude friendly class.

bandhope
on 8/17/11 12:46 am - TX
You would be really suprised how many men are in the classes. A lot of pro athletes do yoga.
I promise you won't lose your man card if you try. LOL!
cabin111
on 8/17/11 5:30 am
I've tried a beginning class both pre and post op.  I could never really get into it.  Waiting for something to happen...Let's move!!  Let's get going!!!  Let's get that heart rate up there...The exact opposite of what I was looking for.  I have taken away the breathing part and use it quite often.  At work, when I am under pressure or just have extra time, I work on my long slow breathing.
bandhope
on 8/18/11 12:33 am - TX
I tried yoga pre-wls hoping it would get my heart-rate up and aid  weight loss. It's not going to help you shed serious weight that is for sure. I use it now to manage stress and gain flexibility. Don't dismiss it all together. Try sandwiching it in between really hard training days. You will be amazed how relaxed and refreshed you will feel.
Rob S.
on 8/17/11 8:27 am - DE
I have been going to yoga once a week for the past three months. I enjoy it. Some day I hope to get enough flexibility to graduate from the beginners class. I do the "hot" yoga every other week. My biggest fear was "expressing myself" during class. So far no problems, and it's actually fun being the only guy in the class. So come on guys, step up, grow up and get yourself into one of those yoga classes.

Rob  

bandhope
on 8/18/11 12:34 am - TX
Awesome!! I want to try the hot yoga. I've heard it is wonderful.
tabbymom
on 9/2/11 11:49 pm - Lee's Summit, MO
Bought a Groupon in June to a studio five minutes from the house and started once a week at the end of the month. Got hooked before the five classes were taken, and have since been going to pilates twice a week and various yoga (Yin, zen hatha, restorative) classes two to three times a week. I never liked exercise before, so I am thrilled to be developing muscles and feeling so good, mentally and physically.

Namaste
Most Active