For the Ladies :)

jet03
on 3/29/10 10:43 am - Canada
I had been without a visit from Mother Nature for a year and a half. Last week, I had no energy, had a sore back, sore legs. Saturday I started my period; the week before now made sense. The problem is that it has left me totally wiped. Really heavy flow has taken its toll; I could not imagine running in this state or attempting a downward dog!

Any suggestions on how to get my energy back up? Are any of you affected this way? If so, how do you cope?

Jet

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wxRQRwT/weight.png">>

niffer1283
on 3/29/10 9:45 pm - Richmond, IN
Oh, I can so relate! I didn't have a period from July 2009 until February 2010, and then I had the period from Hades! Then, I had another one in March. Dang, I thought I was done with that crap! I kept exercising, but couldn't go at it with the same intensity during my heaviest flow. I took a little extra iron, but that's about all I did for it. Mother Nature can be cruel sometimes...

Jenny
He is ill clothed that is bare of virtue. ~~ Benjamin Franklin

RNY 05/29/2008
http://www.jensgyrations.blogspot.com

Linn D.
on 3/30/10 3:19 am - Missoula, MT
No real suggestions since I'm still regular as clockwork even at my age.  But I will say that the week before is always the most difficult.  Even worse than the first day or so of my period.  You might find that a little extra iron will help restore your energy.  I take 2 iron tabs twice a day for a couple days after and that seems to help me.

Linn 
Lisey
on 3/30/10 6:22 am - Milwaukee suburb, WI
I second the iron suggestion.  This particularly makes sense given you described a pretty heavy flow.  My energy increased, in general, when I increased my iron, it had been lagging. 

HW / SW / CW / GW      299 / 287160 / 140     Feb '09 / Mar '09 / Dec '13 /Aug '10          

Appendicitis/Bowel Obstruction Surgery 8/21/10
Beat Hodgkin's Lymphoma!  7/15/2011 - 1/26/2012 

Ran Half-Marathon 10/14/2012

First Pregnancy, Due 8/12/14                             I LOVE MY DS!!!

Most Active