Training & Nutrition Log

Seht
on 3/29/10 9:12 am
I was thinking that a thread along these lines might be interesting to see.
In addition to a daily workout log that we have posted, I thought it might be good to get a bigger view of what a week looks like.

Give some details about yourself.  Heaviest weight, Lightest weight, Current Weight, How long ago you had Sugery, what type of surgery you had things like that.

Log all your food for a week. 
Log all your exercise for a week. 
Log your starting weight and your ending weight for that week. 
List any highlight or lowlights you may have encountered relating to the food or training. 
Any races or special events, things like that.  Put it all in one post.

I broke out my journal today and I'm going to log every B.L.T (bite, lick, taste) and every bit of exercise for the week.  I know I've been lax lately on tracking my workouts and foods.  Race season is coming up and it's time to get serious.

If you feel like sharing and participating please post your results next Monday or Tuesday.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Katie H.
on 3/29/10 9:34 am - Charlton, MA
When you track your food, do you weigh it  on a scale and do it by that or do you do like cup or tablespoon size?  Just curious about how other people go about it..

"Running has the power to change your life. It will make you fitter, healthier, even happier."   ~Selene Yeager, "Let's Get Started," May 2010 issue of Runner's World

Seht
on 3/29/10 9:52 am
I track by weight usually.  I'm beyond that 1/4 cup of food from the initial weight loss surgery.
I read a good article that said most people don't use their measuring utensils correctly anyhow.
They tend to fill them to the rim and in most cases that is above what the actual measure was supposed to be, so they end up with a lot of extra calories during the day.

If you look at most boxes they say approx 2 pieces per serving or something like that, but they will list an exact amount for weight.  So I go by the weight.

Anyhow that's why I weigh instead of measure.  Plus it's hard to measure something like Broccoli it doesn't fit neatly into a measuring cup, but I can get an accurate weight.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Most Active