Hello to Everyone! (Introduction)

geniusmike
on 3/24/10 5:07 am - Maumelle, AR
Hello everyone! 

My name is Michael, I am 44 years old, and I live in Maumelle, Arkansas.  I am originally from Los Angeles, then I moved here for love (lol!) and I am very happy.

I started my journey on January 7, 2004 at 440 pounds (photo in my gallery), and then after a lot of trial and tribulation and an open distal RNY (and a few complications and a number of hospitalizations - however I would do it all again!), I got down to a very super skinny 150 pounds.

Now, for a 5'11" man, that is too skinny and ridiculous - and I looked like something the cat dragged in!  So, I friend of mine who is a semi-pro bodybuilder took me under his wing, and with his help, I managed to gain healthy muscle and get an actual body! (the other pic in my gallery) - that is me at 190 pounds.

Well, over the past year, I stopped going to the gym and lifting weights altogether from lack of time with my new job here in Little Rock, and I also ballooned up to 218 pounds!!!  I was miserable!

I decided that I could no longer do it alone.  I got onto the Back On Track eating plan, taking all of my supplements again, and being a more conscious person with not drinking while eating, and I am back down again to 200.  Whew!  Am I ever happy!

The only sad part is, that I have still not gone back to the gym and hit the weights again.  I really want to, but I have so much stress and pressure in my life - and on top of that, being strict on an eating regimen again, it all has my head reeling.

That is why I am back here finally.  Almost 2 years ago I decided that I no longer needed support (BIG mistake - how dumb of me!), and I closed down my OH account and stopped going to meetings.  Well, I am reaching out to our community again, realizing that this is a life-long commitment, and there will NEVER be a time in my life when I will not need support.

So, my goal is to get back down to around 180 (not too far to go!), and GET MY MUSCLES BACK.  I don't look TOO bad right now, but I am not as cut as I was in the photo from last year (in my gallery).

Also - I will then need to get my plastics still, I never got that far.  So I have the "apron" just like everyone else who has lost all that weight! LOL....

At any rate, I really look forward very much to getting to know some of you - and if any of you are in the Little Rock or Maumelle area, PLEASE let's connect and become friends!  I am really a great guy, and I could use the support!

With much peace to everyone,

Mike
nate2009
on 3/24/10 5:38 am - Lebanon, OH
Welcome back on the wagon.
Best wishes
    No longer about weight , it's all about living.            
mcarthur01
on 3/24/10 5:52 am - Cumming, GA
welcome back... it will be good to have you participate in the daily workout threads...
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

DANCBJAMMIN
on 3/24/10 6:44 am - Fort Worth, TX
Welcome back bro...
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Seht
on 3/24/10 7:18 am
Nice to meet you!

Welcome back.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Linn D.
on 3/24/10 10:09 am - Missoula, MT
Nice to meet you Mike, and Welcome!

There are some other long-term post-op folks on this board (myself included).  This is a great group.

We all do the best we can every day.  Can't ask for more than that - even from yourself.  One step at a time...  

Linn 
SuziJones
on 3/24/10 1:39 pm
Nice to meet you Mike and welcome back to the site!!

I look forward to getting to know you and reading your posts and reading about new journey back to getting the body and life style that you desire!

Best peps in the world on here!!
*big welcome hugs*
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them.  ~Michael Jordan 
My Goals:
1) 200lbs ACCOMPLISHED
3) 170lbs
4) Run 5K
"Unneeded food is not any less wasted in a body that doesnt need it, than it is in the trash." ~Brandilynn
 "Those that will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants." ~William Penn

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
onerland-2.jpg My Onerland!! picture by minnlay
niffer1283
on 3/24/10 7:17 pm - Richmond, IN
Hi Mike, happy to meet you!

Jenny
He is ill clothed that is bare of virtue. ~~ Benjamin Franklin

RNY 05/29/2008
http://www.jensgyrations.blogspot.com

superconducting
on 3/24/10 8:11 pm - Montgomery, NY
 welcome.. anyone who leaves LA for Maumelle is ok in my book  :)  even if it was only for love.  

Most Active