Who works out with their iphone?

bandhope
on 3/24/10 9:01 am - TX

I strap my iphone onto my arm while I run or work out. It is acting crazy and I'm on my way to have it looked at. I'm nervous they'll tell me the "sweat" has ruined it. It doesn't get wet, because it is in a case, but I'm sure they'll tell me moisture has gotten it.

Who uses an iphone and how do you prevent this? I love the idea of running with my music and being able to call someone if something got me along the way. LOL! I need ideas.

Linn D.
on 3/24/10 9:57 am - Missoula, MT
Just a thought, but some running clothes have a pocket just for ipods and MP3 players.  It might stay a little drier in the case in a pocket???  I don't know though, since I run on a TM and just put my ipod in one of the water holders.

Linn 
merowassa
on 3/24/10 10:54 am
I work out with my iphone, but just at the gym where I can stick it on the machine.  I don't use it when I run outside, although I have considered the whole arm strap thing.  Is it comfortable? 

I can't imagine they'll tell you have water damage unless you actually have water damange (which you're saying you don't because you use the case), although I totally understand your fear!  I just had my laptop repaired and was terrified they'd tell me the same thing.  But, alas, it turned out fine.  I had $321 dollars worth of repairs done, all covered by the warranty.

Let us know how it went!
bandhope
on 3/25/10 7:12 am - TX
Yes, they are very comofrtable!!! No water damage and they replaced it. Yippee! I'm looking into getting an Otterbox for my phone. They also make an arm strap for it.
merowassa
on 3/26/10 7:44 am
That's great.  I'm so glad they replaced to for you.  Now I've got to really check out those armbands!
mcarthur01
on 3/24/10 12:08 pm - Cumming, GA
i broke 2 iPhones from too much sweat already, i'm on my third....  i wrap it in a plastic baggy before i put it in a case now and haven't had an issue.
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

Kathy P.
on 3/24/10 1:15 pm - Port Orchard, WA

I have a blackberry curve. I put it in a soft case on a lanyard when I run. That protects it from sweat, even though I have it under my underarmor.  At gym, I put it on the machine.

Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up.
It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed.
Every morning in
Africa, a lion wakes up.
It knows that it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve.
It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle
when the sun comes up you'd better be running.

RNY 2/9/09  Buh bye Gallbladder 8/28/09; 100% EWL (181 lbs.) on 2/19/10;
MacMadame
on 3/24/10 4:13 pm - Northern, CA
They are pretty good at the Apple store. they'll probably just replace it.

I've run with mine in the case that straps to your arm and not had issues but I'm not a big sweater.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Most Active