last week and a half advice

superconducting
on 3/23/10 5:52 am - Montgomery, NY
 My first half in a week from Saturday.  I had to travel internationally for business all this week, so last week I probably did something stupid: I ran a long of 10 miles on Tuesday and then my normal training until Saturday, when I decided to sneak in another long run of 10.5 or so.  Well, my knee is still hurting and my feet, especially the tops of my feet and ankles, are just hurting still (11 hours on a plan Sunday night probably didn't help).

This week I am pretty busy, but even just walking on the beach is not pain free.  Do you think I should lay off any more running for the rest of this week, maybe sneak in a long run Saturday and then just a stretching kind of run early next week?  Will it hurt me not to do too much cardio for a few days (I haven't done much but walking since the last run).

I'm dreading having trained this hard and having to go to the half with pain, but I want to leave it all out there too.

DANCBJAMMIN
on 3/23/10 10:59 am - Fort Worth, TX
Yeah bro.... Rest up and take it easy for sure!
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

mcarthur01
on 3/23/10 10:39 pm - Cumming, GA
i would take it easy, light jogs only at this point unless the pain is too great.  good luck!
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

Most Active