A New Chapter Begins...

Seht
on 3/23/10 3:11 am
Oh yeah, some days it just seems like those 1500-1800 calories just aren't getting it done.
Especially at night.  That evil boredome and snack monster rears it's head.

Yesterday I took in 1500 calories and burned 1800 according to the treadmill.
I don't believe it, but even if it was half that, I was operating on 600 calories.  My legs start to feel heavy and my knees feel weak when I do that.  But if I eat any more, I start to gain.

Wish you all the best Dan, good luck with the adjustment and the training.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Seht
on 3/23/10 7:03 am
Sounds like a lot of us are pretty close in size.
6'1"
195 pounds
34 waist
Size L (medium some makes)
Not sure on the body fat %

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

rowenusmc
on 3/24/10 7:03 am, edited 3/24/10 7:49 am
Dan,
Good luck on the shredding!  Then, if you do the PS and lose that additional weight--YOU WILL be at FIGHTING weight.  OOHRAH!
I see you are normally around 4-5K calories a day.  I've also seen some of how you work out.  You are going way further than I do yet, but I wonder if you might give me an idea of what a days worth of your food looks like.  You've seen what I am doing for workouts now and I am still around 1500 calories a day.  It's probably not enough.
Mine is pretty basic:
1 carbmaster yogurt and water before my morning workout. (80 calories)
Water, water, water, after the workout and a (200 calorie) protein shake
1 protein bar or carbmaster yogurt around 10am (180 calories)
1 cup of vegetables (usually black bean salsa) for lunch with water, water, water about 1/2 hour later. (250 calories)
Protein shake around 4pm before my workout (200 calories)
3 oz of salmon, yogurt, vegetables (350 calories) after workout
Protein shake before bed (200 calories)
***I'd like to trade this info with any of the athletes in this group.  I have not moved up to training for marathon distances since my surgery, but that happens soon.  I am doing 1/2 marathons and sprint distance triathlons for now.
Rod 

Most Active