Decisions Decisions...

Jeff B.
on 3/23/10 4:15 am - Gilbert, AZ

Hey all, so thanks for the feedback. So yea, the furthest run to date was the half at Orlando 70.3. I did run one day 11 miles and then another 4 that evening but that hardly counts. To date my regular runs consist of interval work, hill repeats but they are all at the 6.5 mile mark. So I would agree that my base is strong for the 1/2.

I know that if I decided to that I would finish the run on Saturday with no injury and no problem. What I was debating was, was it more imporant to get the miles in and say "I did it" versus running a half and getting my base so the marathon would be a more respectible time. I really haven't made up my mind yet. I know that with the training that I have been doing along with strength training that I could muscle through it and be fine.

I'll let everyone know what I end up deciding and thanks again for the feedback and discussion.

Jeff

Linn D.
on 3/23/10 2:22 pm - Missoula, MT
I'd also say do what you're well prepared for.  There's always another marathon.  My second one was NOT pleasant and my longest training run for that one was only 16 miles.  Still finished, but not fun.

Linn
SuziJones
on 3/24/10 12:33 pm
I have no advice, just wanted to wish you good luck in whatever you decide and hope you post about the race if you do run it (either all or half)

Best wishes and blessing prayers to you!
*big hugs*
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them.  ~Michael Jordan 
My Goals:
1) 200lbs ACCOMPLISHED
3) 170lbs
4) Run 5K
"Unneeded food is not any less wasted in a body that doesnt need it, than it is in the trash." ~Brandilynn
 "Those that will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants." ~William Penn

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
onerland-2.jpg My Onerland!! picture by minnlay
Jeff B.
on 3/26/10 4:23 pm - Gilbert, AZ
Thanks Suzi and all for the encouragement and advice. So I'm running the full tomorrow! Been hydrating for the past four days and 4/1 carb ratio. I've stayed pretty loose and feel underprepared but I am hoping that will can take over and I'll plow through it.

I have to rely on the fact that my base although isn't marathon level, is still strong and more than that, my attidude and optimism is focused and I'm not doubting myself. So whether I hit the 5:20 goal or turn this into a pure death march, I'm committed and will get through it.

I'm hoping that with me being 270lbs still, these guys will get a little easier as I get leaner. Bottoms up to 26.2, Chapter 1! Thanks all.

Jeff
Most Active