Proud Dad

Darrell H.
on 3/21/10 11:30 pm - Sinton, TX
Here is a video channel 6 shot of my daughter on Thursday. Nicole is my hero. She has taught me how to deal with things that dont go your way. She lost her mom when she was 2 and was diagnosed with cancer at 9. She worked extremely hard to get where she is and set personal records in the squat at 400 pounds, bench press at 150 pounds, and dead lift at 295 pounds. She didnt have her best meet at the state meet on Friday, but I am still extremely proud of her. She is currently a senior at Skidmore-Tynan High School ranked 3rd in her class and has been accepted to Texas A&M University in College Station where she wants to pursue an education and then a career as an athletic trainer. Thanks for allowing me to share.

www.kristv.com/player/
Tri Daring Greatly! www.tridaringgreatly.com

I will no longer be a spectator, a dreamer, a wonderer. I AM a doer; not only a goal setter, but a goal achiever. I will lead by example rather than word. I will "DARE GREATLY!"
Seht
on 3/22/10 12:57 am
I can't seem to see the video, I keep getting a message that it isn't connected.

However you have a lot to be proud of.  Congrats to your daughter and to you for raising a well adjusted & focused child.  That's the one of the best gifts you can give your children.

Congrats!

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Darrell H.
on 3/22/10 1:20 am - Sinton, TX
http://www.kristv.com/sports/

Hopefully this works. It should get you to their splrts page and if you scroll down you will see a picture of her in a grey sweat shirt.
Tri Daring Greatly! www.tridaringgreatly.com

I will no longer be a spectator, a dreamer, a wonderer. I AM a doer; not only a goal setter, but a goal achiever. I will lead by example rather than word. I will "DARE GREATLY!"
Hawgman
on 3/22/10 2:57 am - TX
Way to go Nicole!!

You must be very proud of her.

Darrell
Andrea_1972
on 3/22/10 3:12 am - WA
Your daughter said "there is alot of pain and you just have to work through it" , dude my eyes were watering at this point. What an inspiration to us all. You must me so proud.
DANCBJAMMIN
on 3/22/10 5:08 am - Fort Worth, TX
Good stuff buddy...
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

mcarthur01
on 3/22/10 5:57 am - Cumming, GA
you have a lot to be proud of!  What an inspiring story.... and you're looking good Darrell!
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

Kathy P.
on 3/22/10 7:14 am - Port Orchard, WA
Magical and heart warming. Thank you so much for sharing this part of your accomplishments and life.

Kathy
Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up.
It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed.
Every morning in
Africa, a lion wakes up.
It knows that it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve.
It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle
when the sun comes up you'd better be running.

RNY 2/9/09  Buh bye Gallbladder 8/28/09; 100% EWL (181 lbs.) on 2/19/10;
Scott William
on 3/22/10 9:39 pm
Good stuff man. I got a bit teary eyed and that says a lot since I am a total bad ass! Congrats to her on all her success. You did a good job!
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Most Active