Plastic surgery question

Seht
on 3/19/10 4:19 am

Question for anyone who has had a Panniculectomy,

Have you had this procedure done recently?
If so and you are willing to share, what were the costs for the procedure?
How long was the recovery?
How long before you were able to resume work?

Thanks

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

panhead58fl
on 3/19/10 4:43 am, edited 3/19/10 4:43 am - Barboursville, WV
Scott,

I have never had it but, about a year ago I went to a surgeon and had a consult. It was going cost me around $12,000 to have it and the inner thighs done. According to him that would cover everything. If I had the money I would have it done. I would love to be able to look down and not see my pooch. My wife says it doesn't bother her. The only time it really bothers me is if I were doing push ups or in that position, it really hangs. Most people comment about how good I look when I tell them I have had surgery and that I don't have a lot of loose skin. Standing straight up it is not evident.

pan head
Seht
on 3/19/10 4:48 am
Thanks for the info.
The man boobs bug me the most I hate looking like a 90 year old woman, but I'd get more bang for the buck getting rid of that hanging stomach, so I'm considering that.

It's just an idea I'm playing with.  I'm considering passing on getting my new bike and using that money for the P.S.  I can still ride the piece of crap I have now. 

Anyhow,

Thanks for the info.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

morgansmommy
on 3/19/10 6:06 am - Gig Harbor, WA
I had a bit more than a panni the end of October. I had it done at a residency program for $3000. I was back at work as a nurse manager in 3 weeks and started running again at 4 weeks. I still swell and have minor discomfort when lying flat from a sitting position. It was worht it!
Mary
Kathy P.
on 3/19/10 1:52 pm - Port Orchard, WA
Great question!  My doc will make my referral for a pani removal in August when I am 18 months out, and if my weight has remained stable.  I am hoping my insurance GH will cover it. If not, will be asking Mary about her "residency" program!

Under armor and spandex granny panties work wonders for me. Without them, well... remember as kids when you would put your hand under your armpit to make a farting noise? Well, my pani slapping makes the same noise. Kind of embarrassing!!
Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up.
It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed.
Every morning in
Africa, a lion wakes up.
It knows that it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve.
It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle
when the sun comes up you'd better be running.

RNY 2/9/09  Buh bye Gallbladder 8/28/09; 100% EWL (181 lbs.) on 2/19/10;
dmoore1162
on 3/20/10 6:05 am
I had a Panniculectomy in June 09.  Glad I did not wait.  My insurance paid for all of mine, so I really cannot tell you anything about the cost.  I only paid about 20.00 for my two office visit copays.  I have excellent insurance.  I was off work for 6 weeks.  Really could have gone back at least 1/2 days after 4 weeks.  Biggest thing is I was tired all the time.  It's because you lose so much blood during the procedure. 

I would check with your insurance and see if they will pay.  Mine paid because I had lost over 100 pounds, had maintained my weight and was experiencing a rash and low back pain
Delores Moore
it's never too late

Most Active