Shin Splints...from walking and Ibuprofen...

cabin111
on 3/18/10 11:51 am
Yeh, usually it is the runners that face them.  Well the past two days I must have walked 4-5 miles each day...both days hurrying along to catch up (security closing).  I used to be a jogger in college and had them back then.  It just seems a little funny that I get them now.  On the web they said people can get them from walking briskly so...I think I'm there.  They recommend Ibuprofen...which I know is a no no.  Thoughts?  Brian  PS  I will do my stretching that I used to do in college...leaning against the wall and placeing my foot flat on the ground a few times.  PPS  Do any of you use Ibuprofen?  Since RNY I think I used it a couple of times for really bad pain (inflammation).  Just 1 pill every couple of days when I had a real bad problem.   
Linn D.
on 3/19/10 10:05 am - Missoula, MT
Brian,

I do use ibuprofen at times.  It helps a lot.  If I take too much too often it does start to hurt the tummy, but to me it's a matter of which one is more important at the time.

Tylenol doesn't touch my headaches, and if I can take ibuprofen soon enough, they usually don't turn into migraines.  I also use it when I have muscle or joint pain for the same reason: Tylenol doesn't work for me.

Linn 
mcarthur01
on 3/20/10 2:57 am - Cumming, GA
i've been taking tylenol fast release gelcaps for injury related pain, it works well enough, but of course doesn't really help with swelling etc.
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

robinfrommilw
on 3/21/10 12:27 pm - WI
I thought we can't have it due to the rny I stick with tyneol
Robin from Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Distal gastric bypass 7/28/09
6 month supervised diet done lost over 50 lbs pre-surgery
My facebook page is:
www.facebook.com/robinfrommilwaukee  (just put that you are from OH in message to add you to my facebook)     
       View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

August 2010 weight 138 lbs lost of 179.5 lbs but gain again since my gallbladder surgery Oct 2010 range recentlly my weight got up to 166 and I was in freak mode. I am now down to 152.6 hoping to get back to 135 and started generic wellbutrin

Most Active