Are we nuts???????

saxman007
on 3/15/10 5:20 am - Port Huron, MI
So I'm getting ready to head out on a couple hour bike ride and it's 45* with 15 mph winds!!!!
What's worse, I'm kind of excited to be going out on my second ride.  wish me luck, and for all my fellow nut jobs, keep up the work, it's going to be an AWESOME race season for us this year!!!!!! 
jet03
on 3/15/10 8:40 am - Canada
Have a good ride! Sounds like it will be a good workout!

Jet

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wxRQRwT/weight.png">>

Katie H.
on 3/15/10 8:50 am - Charlton, MA
Good luck man!!  We are crazy...but I'm pretty sure it's worth it! :)

"Running has the power to change your life. It will make you fitter, healthier, even happier."   ~Selene Yeager, "Let's Get Started," May 2010 issue of Runner's World

saxman007
on 3/15/10 9:04 am - Port Huron, MI
 40 miles in the books!  Felt good out there, wind was NASTY!!!  26 miles of cross winds = annoyance, 7 miles of pure headwind = pain, 7 miles of tailwind = 26.68 mph average ;)!!!
all in all 2:06, slowed up way too much the last two miles.
--Dan
DANCBJAMMIN
on 3/15/10 12:21 pm - Fort Worth, TX
26+ MPH average =  Uber Strong!!!!! BEAST!!!!!
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Duane1064
on 3/15/10 10:35 am - Bloomington, IN
 Dan, sounds like you've got the same stuff that I've been running and riding with the past few days.  I just figure it's these days that will make me appreciate the good weather days that's just around the corner.  Keep at it!!!!

Duane

"Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us."
I run for those who can't or won't.  I run because I once was one of those people.         
Jeff B.
on 3/15/10 4:08 pm - Gilbert, AZ
2 mph winds, 75 degrees... how does anyone ride in these crappy conditions? 
Duane1064
on 3/15/10 8:30 pm - Bloomington, IN
Oh Jeff you poor thing.  How do you train is such harsh conditions?

Duane

"Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us."
I run for those who can't or won't.  I run because I once was one of those people.         
Jeff B.
on 3/17/10 1:10 pm - Gilbert, AZ
Duane, it's rough but we struggle through it. I hate long run days on Saturdays... 75 degree's no wind and did I say... 75 degrees? I live it up now because in just a short few months the 118 degree weather kicks in.
Seht
on 3/16/10 7:09 am
I'd rather be hill climbing on the bike than riding against a head wind.  At least you generally get to enjoy the downhill portion after the climb.  40+ mph is a blast, 4mph climbing the hill not so much.

The most annoying is that straight road that has just the most gradual incline and goes on forever, with just a little bit of a head wind.  It feels like you are working so hard but not getting anywhere.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Most Active