Help on what to eat before running VSG post op

excited2lose
on 3/15/10 1:48 pm
Hi all.

I am 7 weeks post op (VSG) and I have been doing the C25k program for a few weeks.  Things are going well.  I am on w3d2 and I don't find it hard at all.  

I am on pretty much whatever I want to eat (I stay away from chicken and a few other harder things, but for the most part normal), but I have a few rules-

-I stay under 800 calories a day (it is hard to go higher than that)
-no more than 30 carbs a day

Now that my running is a bit more intense, I am thinking I need to change things up.  I want to keep losing weight though.  What would be a good thing to eat in the morning to keep me going through training?  Obviously I need to change things around, but I don't even know where to start.  (Where should I add and WHAT should I add to my diet)

My training is for 35 minutes a day, I get my heart rate right in fat burning range and then I usually also ride the bike for 20-25 minutes, swim some laps, take a brisk walk, etc.  

Can anyone help me out?  Please?  :)
DANCBJAMMIN
on 3/15/10 1:53 pm - Fort Worth, TX
At 35 minutes of excercise a day, I don't think you need to fuel an differently at this point. Once you get to 1:15 - 1:30 I might augment the eating a little bit, but for now, just stick with Doctor's orders. A banana is never a bad idea though... Congrats on surgery and the new chance at living life... Make it count!
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Jeff B.
on 3/17/10 5:53 am - Gilbert, AZ
I second that with Dan. If anything once DR's approve, add an electralyte drink.
Most Active