Wishing I could look forward to excercise

bkg96
on 3/9/10 9:16 pm
I think you are right about the running.  I've really been thinking about couch to 5k, but I've hesitated due to age (50) and weight (200+). I was lucky presurgery in that my joints stayed intact even though I was almost 300 pounds, and I've been afraid that running might bugger up my knees.  But I'm beginning to think that it is what I might need to get me going again.  I think I might need the challenge of a 5K in my future.

So thanks again all for the advice. 

Anne
runningagain
on 3/10/10 6:48 am - NY

My advice would be to find something you like.  Does your gym offer classes?  I try to take various classes and right now I'm so loving zumba.  I do that a lot...at least twice a week.  Then I either do treadmill, eliptical, or cycling.  Try to vary your workout and do something you perceive as fun.  That's what I do....I don't like staring at the treadmill.  I'd rather be outside....thank goodness spring is coming!!  Good luck to you!!  BTW - Congrats on the 81 pounds....WTG!!!

Tammy

bkg96
on 4/4/10 11:20 pm
Update:  The weather turned, and I got that cardio outside where it belongs.  So much better!  Plus, I've started the C25K, and it's going well.  Now if I coudl jsut tart enjoying the strength training more!

A
Most Active