Back In The Saddle!!!!

DANCBJAMMIN
on 3/6/10 6:25 am - Fort Worth, TX

Hey Everyone,

Today was AWESOME! I heard early in the week that today was going to be in the mid 60s so I knew it would be the day for my first outside ride in 2010. The weather was great, aside from the 15mph wind. It was with me the whole way out and against me the whole way in... I wi**** would have been reversed, but I got in 41 miles and averaged 18.8mph, which is decent for not having ridden outside in 3 months. The trainer, and spin class DO NOT compare to being outside. I loved being out in the elements today, and cannot wait for my cycling fitness to come in line. Time to start ramping up for Tri Season!!! I am racing next weekend in the St Patrick's day Sprint Tri, and it should be a lot of fun, and MUCH warmer than last year! (34 degrees and sprinkling). Anyways a great day and my wife ran a 10K this morning in 57:36, she rocks. Got a few pics today after the ride. Have an awesome weekend and thank goodness for the warmer weather!!!

Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Katie H.
on 3/6/10 8:03 am - Charlton, MA
Right on Dan!  I too am pumped up about the weather, ran outside in shorts & a t-shirt for the first time in months!!  I've a race next weekend as well, my first for the year and I know it's only a matter of time before I can bust my kayak out and get back on the water! 

Spring is almost here and I can't wait to play outside!! 

"Running has the power to change your life. It will make you fitter, healthier, even happier."   ~Selene Yeager, "Let's Get Started," May 2010 issue of Runner's World

DANCBJAMMIN
on 3/6/10 8:09 am - Fort Worth, TX
Katie, '

Next year I am running UltraMan Canada... It is requisite that you have your own Kayaker during the 6.2 mile swim... It is also requisite that I have a crew of 3 or more... Might be a team Post-Op PRs type of thing with u rep'ing in the Kayak? That would be AWESOME!

www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com

Katie H.
on 3/6/10 8:12 am - Charlton, MA
Dude, I'm down for a nice little road trip..

"Running has the power to change your life. It will make you fitter, healthier, even happier."   ~Selene Yeager, "Let's Get Started," May 2010 issue of Runner's World

DANCBJAMMIN
on 3/6/10 8:16 am - Fort Worth, TX
OK SWEET! I will def get you details as we get closer... If I qualify, then it's UltraMan World Championships in KONA!!! We will see...Gotta have a crew for that too...

www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com

Rob S.
on 3/6/10 8:45 am - DE
Way to go Dan.  I think the weather has returned for all of us.  Plan on getting my bike in for service this week so I can start riding again.
Rob
SuziJones
on 3/6/10 9:49 am
WOOT!! Yeah for you sweety!!
Right on for your wife!! Yeah go wifey!! hehe
Nice looking bike too!! Slick!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them.  ~Michael Jordan 
My Goals:
1) 200lbs ACCOMPLISHED
3) 170lbs
4) Run 5K
"Unneeded food is not any less wasted in a body that doesnt need it, than it is in the trash." ~Brandilynn
 "Those that will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants." ~William Penn

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
onerland-2.jpg My Onerland!! picture by minnlay
Linn D.
on 3/6/10 10:36 am - Missoula, MT
I wish I felt more comfortable riding outside.  It's safe doing a tri, but not so much otherwise.  There are lots of bikers here, but also lots of angry drivers ABOUT the bikers.  I know too many people who've been hit more than once.

Glad you had a great ride today!

Linn 
1americangirl
on 3/7/10 12:04 am
Hi Linn,

You might want to check to see if they have specific trails set up for bikers.  We have greenways here that are for walking, jogging, & biking.  There are several points off the greenways that are near parking lots so people drive there, grab their gear, & put their bikes on the trails.  Just a thought if you are interested.

Take care,
Sherry
niffer1283
on 3/7/10 12:23 am - Richmond, IN
Great pictures, Dan, thanks for sharing them! Those are some SERIOUS tires on your bike. My mountain bike don't look like that... Nonetheless, I'm gonna go get that thing out of storage and hit the road! The sun is shining today in Indiana and it's 41 degrees, sweet! I'm going for a walk today!

Jenny
He is ill clothed that is bare of virtue. ~~ Benjamin Franklin

RNY 05/29/2008
http://www.jensgyrations.blogspot.com

Most Active