Sunday workouts

mcarthur01
on 3/7/10 2:11 am - Cumming, GA
i did it!  got my long run in this morning.  20 miles at a local greenway (mostly concrete sidewalk and boardwalks).  broke out my new garmin for the first time on a long run as well.  did the 20 miles in just over 3 hours w/ an overall average pace of 9:01/mile.  the best part, i was able to do negative splits on each mile starting w/ mile 14.  i actually feel like i'm ready for the marathon 2 weeks from today for the first time :)
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

Scott William
on 3/7/10 3:56 am
I'd definitely say that you are ready.  Congrats on a great and confidence building run.

I did 3.1 miles just now that felt great.
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Kathy P.
on 3/7/10 4:30 am - Port Orchard, WA
Just finished one of my regular routes 3.24 miles (so just a smidge over 5k), focusing on my hill workout with smaller strides and over exaggerating my arms to carry me over the top. This was a first of NO WALKING up the hills, and I shaved 3.89 of my time!

I CANNOT IMAGINE 20 MILES! UGH!

I'm planning a 10k in June, so I'm going to map a route near home to start practicing next month.

GOOD LUCK ON THE MARATHON!!!!
Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up.
It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed.
Every morning in
Africa, a lion wakes up.
It knows that it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve.
It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle
when the sun comes up you'd better be running.

RNY 2/9/09  Buh bye Gallbladder 8/28/09; 100% EWL (181 lbs.) on 2/19/10;
Katie H.
on 3/7/10 7:48 am - Charlton, MA
That's awesome - no walking AND you shaved time, yay!!

"Running has the power to change your life. It will make you fitter, healthier, even happier."   ~Selene Yeager, "Let's Get Started," May 2010 issue of Runner's World

DANCBJAMMIN
on 3/7/10 4:40 am - Fort Worth, TX
Good job Bill... You are stronger than ever.... The Mari will be a cake walk for ya! that's 4 hour ish pace hommie.... You da man!
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

merowassa
on 3/7/10 5:05 am
No workout today.  I'm trying to rest my right knee, which is giving me some trouble.  I did buy new running shoes today, though.  I can't wait to use them!

Great job with the 20 miles.  I am so content with my 3 mile jog, I can't even wrap my brain around what it would take to do a marathon.  Good luck!

-Meg
superconducting
on 3/7/10 6:15 am - Montgomery, NY
 I was all set to get on here and brag on myself on my workout today, but your long run totally humbled me :)  

I did a measly 9.4 miles on a beautiful almost spring-like day here in the Hudson Valley up and down some serious hills with a 10:40 pace.  Its the longest run I think I have ever done and feeling like I am gonna kick this half marathon's butt in a few weeks (ok, maybe I won't kick its butt, but I am gonna set a personal best (since its my first I am pretty sure about that!)!

roxanne1
on 3/7/10 6:22 am
I went to the gym for a power workout for 60 min,then i did my strength training, then in the afternoon i went for a walk such a beautiful spring day in mn 50 degrees

Roxanne
niffer1283
on 3/7/10 6:20 am - Richmond, IN
Awesome! I can't even imagine doing that. I did a brisk 35 minute walk outside today (sunny and 40 degrees - great!), then I went to the Wellness Center and did about 25 minutes of weight work. I'm pooped, but had a great workout.

Jenny
He is ill clothed that is bare of virtue. ~~ Benjamin Franklin

RNY 05/29/2008
http://www.jensgyrations.blogspot.com

Seht
on 3/7/10 7:48 am
35 mile bike ride this morning/afternoon.
Felt good, but not enough hills.  I need to increase the intensity over the next couple months.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Most Active