The Bar Method?

Chance22
on 3/5/10 2:51 am - Canada
Hi Everyone

I just ordered a couple of DVDs for the Bar Method and am wondering if anyone has tried them? Its Ballet exercises and supposed to be amazing, but it would be great to get the perspective from a heavy person.

"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anais Nin      
Highest Weight: 242 lbs 1st Clinic visit: 236.8lbs
Weight at Surgery: 193.1 Surgery Date: May 18, 2011 Current Weight: 134.4 lbs

SuziJones
on 3/5/10 6:01 am
Ohh! I would LOVE to have dancer muscles!

Never heard of it though, sorry. But do let me know how it goes and if you like it though! I'd be interested in it if it's worth it.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them.  ~Michael Jordan 
My Goals:
1) 200lbs ACCOMPLISHED
3) 170lbs
4) Run 5K
"Unneeded food is not any less wasted in a body that doesnt need it, than it is in the trash." ~Brandilynn
 "Those that will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants." ~William Penn

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
onerland-2.jpg My Onerland!! picture by minnlay
Chance22
on 3/5/10 10:23 pm - Canada
I ordered two DVDs and will let you know how they go when they show up. I have always loved to dance and took ballet as a kid- so I am hoping that I will find that this is something I will enjoy and not have it feel like work.

"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anais Nin      
Highest Weight: 242 lbs 1st Clinic visit: 236.8lbs
Weight at Surgery: 193.1 Surgery Date: May 18, 2011 Current Weight: 134.4 lbs

Most Active