Sign-up Week!

Linn D.
on 3/6/10 10:45 am - Missoula, MT
So, this week I tried to sign up for RATPOD (Ride Around The Pioneers in One Day).  Registration opened at 8 am and by 9:10 all 550 slots were filled!  I am on the waiting list though, and chances are good I'll get in.  It'll be my first long ride ever - 130 miles.  It's a fund raiser for the Make a Wish foundation in Montana.

I did, however, get signed up for the Missoula half marathon yesterday.  Signed the paper and paid my money.  Look it up in Runner's World!

Now I have to decide which other tris I'm doing this year...

Linn
Seht
on 3/6/10 11:22 am
Go get 'em Linn.

Congrats on signing up.

I hope you get into that bike ride.  It should be a great experience.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

DANCBJAMMIN
on 3/6/10 12:03 pm - Fort Worth, TX
The bike ride sounds awesome! Now, all you need is a 2.4 mile swim before it, and a marathon after and you are all set!!!!
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Linn D.
on 3/6/10 2:32 pm - Missoula, MT
Not this year, maybe not even next.  Sorry Dan, but school comes first and I'm not quite half done.  Too much stress to be able to do that much training.  I'm too tired all the time.  One day though.  It's still in my sights.  In fact, it's one of the things I've wanted to do since I was in my teens and one of the reasons I had surgery.

Linn
DANCBJAMMIN
on 3/6/10 9:22 pm - Fort Worth, TX
I know Linn.... Just teasin a bit. I think you are awesome!
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

superconducting
on 3/6/10 10:05 pm - Montgomery, NY
 I saw the Missoula marathon on July 11 this year, when I am tentatively scheduled to be in Montana to visit the in-laws..  Seems like a great run.. but I am intimidated about running in Western Montana's thin air!

I am looking forward to long runs in Eastern Montana through the badlands though!  

Linn D.
on 3/6/10 11:07 pm - Missoula, MT
Eastern Montana isn't much better, but it is a long way from there to Missoula.  It'd be quite the trip to get here.

The course itself is a pretty flat one.  I've done 4 halfs and this is my PR one.

Hope you have a great time in the Badlands!

Linn 
superconducting
on 3/6/10 11:14 pm - Montgomery, NY
 yea, but it gives me an excuse to escape the in-laws for a few days :)   I also saw the madison marathon down in deer lodge - that one looks a little crazy but I bet the views are amazing..  I went to college in Butte and used to hunt in Deer Lodge NF.. can't imagine RUNNING there with the wind and 9k feet!  :)  

Most Active