Extra skin and exercise

(deactivated member)
on 3/5/10 5:22 am - Seymour, IN
Anyone find it uncomfortable to exercise cuz of skin flopping around??  It makes me uncomfy and self concious that everyone sees.  Anyone have a fix?  Try compression shorts or something?
Seht
on 3/5/10 5:39 am
Yep underarmor or an equivalent spanx, Wal Marts version of UA it's much cheaper.
The other thing that works is those 1970 ish  weight loss belts if you remember those.
They were elastic and stretchy were supposed to make you sweat off the pounds.

They still make them.

Like one of these or an abdominal binder
http://www.amazon.com/McDavid-Waist-Trimmer-Black-Size/dp/B0 00UVVX28/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1267825092& sr=8-6

They work pretty well at keeping things in place.
A combination of under armor and one of the belts works really well, but it is going to warm you up and increase your sweat production.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Linn D.
on 3/5/10 6:33 am - Missoula, MT
I wear a good running bra AND a compression tank with a built-in bra when I run.  Keeps me mostly together.  I don't wear compression shorts unless I'm on the bike or in a triathlon, but my legs don't bother me nearly as much as the bust and waist do.  I wear SkirtSports running skirts (marathon girl ultra) with a built-in panty for running.  Best thing I ever tried.  They keep me cool as well as covering up that spot just below the butt...

Each of us has to try different things to see if they work.  Go cheap and see what you like before you go and spend lots of money (unless you have access to a great running store like I do and the return policy is phenomenal)

Linn 
Kathy P.
on 3/5/10 6:50 am - Port Orchard, WA
I use Under Armor tops over good compression sports bra. On the lower half, I wear a spandex "granny panty" or spanx. I am going to look for UA or compression shorts as well.  Spandex is a wonderful thing...
Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up.
It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed.
Every morning in
Africa, a lion wakes up.
It knows that it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve.
It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle
when the sun comes up you'd better be running.

RNY 2/9/09  Buh bye Gallbladder 8/28/09; 100% EWL (181 lbs.) on 2/19/10;
Katie H.
on 3/5/10 2:00 pm - Charlton, MA
I love my UA compression shorts...and UA in general :)

Target carries Champion brand compression shorts, leggings, etc... I have a pair of the cold gear compression leggings that I'm pretty happy with.

Try Marshalls/TJ Maxx for some killer deals on compression/work out gear.  I got a long sleeve UA compression cold gear for like $20 - A STEAL!! And a couple of heat gear compression tanks for $10 a piece...love the clearance rack! :)

"Running has the power to change your life. It will make you fitter, healthier, even happier."   ~Selene Yeager, "Let's Get Started," May 2010 issue of Runner's World

niffer1283
on 3/6/10 12:37 am - Richmond, IN
I'm glad to see this thread...if I ever start running (which I avoid because I hate to run!), I'll have to get some industrial strength undergarments in order to keep from flogging myself to death...

Jenny
He is ill clothed that is bare of virtue. ~~ Benjamin Franklin

RNY 05/29/2008
http://www.jensgyrations.blogspot.com

~Becky~
on 3/6/10 2:38 am - Little Rock Area, AR
Yes!  It's uncomfortable.  I use the cheaper version of Spanx called Assets.  I find them at Target.  I but them a size larger and I hike 'em up under my sports bra.  It ain't purdy, but it works.  http://www.target.com/s/176-7323008-8036940?_encoding=UTF8&s earch-alias=tgt-index&keywords=fabulous%20footless&searchSiz e=30&ref=sr_bx%5F1%5F1&searchView=grid5&searchNodeID=1038576 &searchPage=1

Although, I see now that they are making a high waisted one, I may give that a try.

GOOD LUCK!
Blessings~
Becky
mcarthur01
on 3/6/10 8:56 am - Cumming, GA
i wear underarmour compression tops and bottoms, i would suggest you get a size too small, when you really start moving it helps with keeping all the skin in place... without it, i just couldn't run, it is too uncomfortable.
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

Most Active