Marathon Questions

puddin2day
on 3/5/10 3:47 am - Los Angeles, CA
Hello Everyone,

I had a couple of questions regarding running the L.A. Marathon and training.

I have my long run this Sunday (16 miles).  This is my longest long run before the marathon and the following week, I will be doing 7 to 8 miles.   I normally do my long run intervals at 30 sec run/ 1.5 min walk.  Should I change up my intervals to 45 sec run /2 min,15 sec walk just to gage how I will do on marathon day? 
Also, what would you suggest my pace be on marathon day.  I want to last, but I need to finish within 8 hours so I can get an official time.

Thanks so much.

Kimmie
Without struggle, there is no progress.

DANCBJAMMIN
on 3/5/10 4:49 am - Fort Worth, TX
Only you can answer these questions. Only you know your body, and fitness level, and what does and does not feel good. I would say go with what has been working, and let your pace be determined by your training pace. Best of luck!
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

puddin2day
on 3/5/10 5:08 am - Los Angeles, CA
Thank you so much.  I guess I am getting nervous and starting to over analyze everything.

Rob S.
on 3/6/10 9:03 am - DE
Stick to your current plan.  Changing things up so close to the marathon won't help much.  You'll do fine, just don't get too carried away at the beggining of the marathon.  You'll be pumped with all the particpants around, and your adrenaline will be sky high.  So you really need to pace yourself early.  Enjoy.
Rob
puddin2day
on 3/8/10 1:33 am - Los Angeles, CA
Thank you, Rob.  I will do just that.

Most Active