Suzi's C25K Thread

SuziJones
on 3/5/10 5:54 am
Finished my first week of the C25K!! WOOT!
Yeah me. I did 25 minutes today. Though my timer messed up on me on one walking portion and then someone stopped me for directions near the end of one jogging portion. So I think it probably did just equal out to be 20 minutes with the foul ups.

Though I was running AGAINST the wind for the first 15 minutes. So that's gotta count for resistance!! hehe Not no prissy wind either. I had to lean into it!! hehe

But I'm looking forward to tacking on that extra 30 seconds next week. I'm hoping I can do it! Cause right now, the last 10 seconds I'm counting it down in my head til I can walk!! HAHAHA

Feeling good though! Can't wait to hit the gym. Need ideas for core muscle training though. Have to pick the hubby's brain for easy ones I can do at home with no equipment.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them.  ~Michael Jordan 
My Goals:
1) 200lbs ACCOMPLISHED
3) 170lbs
4) Run 5K
"Unneeded food is not any less wasted in a body that doesnt need it, than it is in the trash." ~Brandilynn
 "Those that will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants." ~William Penn

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
onerland-2.jpg My Onerland!! picture by minnlay
SuziJones
on 3/8/10 6:51 am
Well it was cold, wet, and sopping outside so I did my 2nd week of my C25K program inside. I sure didn't get the work out that I did last week jogging/walking outside. This HOPEFULLY is the last dreary, wet, yucky day before hopefully spring shows up!

I still did the work out and hopefully the ponds that have formed from ALL DAY of raining will dry up some so I can take the dog for a walk tonight.

But, I'm really looking forward to Wed. and jogging/walking outside!
My Goals:
1) 200lbs ACCOMPLISHED
3) 170lbs
4) Run 5K
"Unneeded food is not any less wasted in a body that doesnt need it, than it is in the trash." ~Brandilynn
 "Those that will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants." ~William Penn

SuziJones
on 3/9/10 1:29 pm
Did a second day of the program today outside and man I could tell the difference!! It was soo much better!

I shaved five seconds off the jog portion since I was getting light headed from doing the full minute thirty jog. I'm hoping tomorrow when I do it again I can add back on the last five seconds.

I need to learn to pace myself better. I have never ran before so this is a new learning experiance for me. hehe I started out faster and stronger then I had previousily but it quickly died off and I was dying before I was half way through. The last five minutes though it was like I had hit my stride. It was MUCH easier to breath and I was going at a really steady pace. I'm hoping that tomorrow is even better!!

I have lost a total of FOUR inches since the third of this month to the 8th!! WOOT! go me!! hehe
My Goals:
1) 200lbs ACCOMPLISHED
3) 170lbs
4) Run 5K

turtle829
on 3/12/10 11:34 pm
Revision on 08/04/15
I have just started the C25K.  I increased to the 1 minute interval and can not imagine 1 1/2 minutes any time soon.... lol....   A friend has joined me in a challenge to do a 5K in Mid May... so I have a goal.

I look forward to reading about your journey as an encouragement.

have a great day
Vicki
SuziJones
on 3/17/10 8:20 am
Well Vicki, recently I have NOT been keeping up on my C25K. UGH!

It has been soo cold here and I have let the idea of getting out in the nasty cold weather keep me from staying with my program. I have however supplimented doing one of my biggest loser DvDs.

I just can't take the cold blowing into my coat and face and freezing me any more. It's an excuse I realize. I have to be committed enough to withstand the cold and I'm not.

I'm hoping after this week that the damn winter cold will be gone. It really is ******g me off that last year this time it was lovely spring weather and we still have the friggen HEAT on?!?!

Sorry...rant off.

Super great for you and your friend getting with the program! I really enjoy it. I felt a great sense of accomplishment and loved the weight that was dropping off from exercising. It was so worth it.
My Goals:
1) 200lbs ACCOMPLISHED
3) 170lbs
4) Run 5K

Most Active