Suzi's C25K Thread

SuziJones
on 3/1/10 4:51 am, edited 3/1/10 4:52 am
So, I thought since I've just started I'd post on the forum to keep me honest and get the support of you fab peps!!

My first day was a PLEASANT surprise! I seriously thought I wouldn't make it through the full 20 minutes of jogging/walking and thought I'd even have to cut back the jogging to 30 seconds, but, I did it!! I was huffing and puffing during the walking portion, but dang it! I did the full 20 minutes and I'm excited to do my second day and I have to wait a day!! hehe

But, I will be walking my dog nightly so that's a good thing. He did very well with the walking and then jogging portions. He was very interested and watched me for the 'jogging' command (which we just started! hehe) and so it's a great thing!

I hope anyone else wanting to try it does! I'm at 248lbs and I'm JOGGING!! ANYONE can do it! It's fab! I feel soo great!

Thanks guys for the links and for letting me in on what it's all about!! You are all so wonderful and such great inspirations to me!

*great big hugs*
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them.  ~Michael Jordan 
My Goals:
1) 200lbs ACCOMPLISHED
3) 170lbs
4) Run 5K
"Unneeded food is not any less wasted in a body that doesnt need it, than it is in the trash." ~Brandilynn
 "Those that will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants." ~William Penn

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
onerland-2.jpg My Onerland!! picture by minnlay
Seht
on 3/1/10 5:40 am
Way to go Suzi!

it does get harder, but don't forget that great feeling you have right now.  It gets bigger and better as the workouts get longer and harder.  Every time you complete one you have hit a major accomplishment right out of the ball park.

Keep us updated on how it's going for you.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

leah41
on 3/1/10 6:43 am
Suzi,

I am using a similiar training schedule for the 5k I am running (hopefully running!!) next month. I have been unable to train in the past two weeks much due to the weather...but am jogging tonight. It will probably be like starting over. But it is encouraging to see that you are also training. You go!!
Keep in touch...we will have to cheer each other on!
Leah
puddin2day
on 3/1/10 6:50 am - Los Angeles, CA
Great job, Suzi!  Keep us posted on your progress.
Without struggle, there is no progress.

Cassie W.
on 3/1/10 8:29 am
Congratulations Suzi!  This is how the addiction all starts.

Cassie
"Hard things take time to do. Impossible things take a little longer."

SuziJones
on 3/1/10 9:13 am
Leah41~ Yeah for you sweety!! I hope you blog your progress and about your 5K next month too!! You go girl!

Thankyou soo much guys for the wonderful support! It is because of this forum (and beaglemomma) that I'm intent on doing this!!
*big thankful hugs*
My Goals:
1) 200lbs ACCOMPLISHED
3) 170lbs
4) Run 5K
"Unneeded food is not any less wasted in a body that doesnt need it, than it is in the trash." ~Brandilynn
 "Those that will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants." ~William Penn

Katari
on 3/1/10 10:33 pm - OR
Wonderful! I remember my first day of the program I thought I was going to die trying to do the whole thing! LOL. Great job!! Keep us posted on your progress!
Katie 
Ht. 5'2  HW 234/GW 150/LW 128/CW 132 
Size 18/20 to a size 4 in 9 months!

(deactivated member)
on 3/2/10 1:21 pm
 Yes! I'm so proud of you! I can't wait to hear about your progress and just know that when you get to that first 5K you will have a crew of fans cheering you across the web.

Rock on!
SuziJones
on 3/3/10 4:54 am
WOOT!
Made it through the second day!! I was anticipating those walks more today since I knew what to expect! I ended up doing a half hour instead of the 20 minutes. OOPS! I set my alarm wrong.

But I feel good! Having a protein drink now. Made an iced mocha cappicino out of my protein powder with milk and crushed ice..YUMMY-LICIOUS!!
My Goals:
1) 200lbs ACCOMPLISHED
3) 170lbs
4) Run 5K

SuziJones
on 3/4/10 2:42 am
Just had to share something that happened today~

I had to take my seven year old to have his cast off and we ran into my WLS surgeon's schedualing nurse in the hall and she told me how great I was looking and asked what I was doing. I told her about the C25K program I am doing and she requested that I bring her some info on it. So I'm printing it out for her.

It's soo nice to have such positive feedback from a person that really thought I shouldn't be having surgery since she believed that I wasn't really 'applying' myself. hehe

Nice to prove people wrong!! lol
My Goals:
1) 200lbs ACCOMPLISHED
3) 170lbs
4) Run 5K

Most Active