Exersion Headaches

willow972
on 3/2/10 1:25 am - Ontario, CA
Is anyone experiencing exersion headaches post-surgery?  I've just started getting back to the gym and I've been getting exersion headaches when I workout now.  I'm going to get another blood panel done to see if anything is low/high but I was wondering if anyone has any advise.  I take a tylenol after working out but the headache remains with me as a dull headache for several days.  I'm breathing thru my workout, getting plenty of protein in as well as water. 
Deana aka Willow
HW-230, SG-225, CW-195.2, GW-137.8
DANCBJAMMIN
on 3/2/10 2:16 am - Fort Worth, TX
Not sure... maybe low Iron
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

willow972
on 3/2/10 2:21 am - Ontario, CA
That was one other suggestion of what it could be...I starting take an additional iron supplement as well.  Thanks for the suggestion.
Eme 2009
on 3/7/10 11:00 pm - FL
I had these really, really bad before surgery.  I haven't started running again now that I am post-op and some of that is my fear that the exertion migraines will start again. 

They are absolutely miserable.  For years, my doctor could not figure out how to prevent them. 

I had to cut back on running a few years ago which eventually made me stop all together.  I started running again last August, only to find myself 75 pounds heavier than my 2006 marathon weight. 

I trained for 3 months and had to back out because of the headaches and even moreso--the pain from all of that added weight.  I had VSG in January. 

Iron was never suggested to me...maybe now that I take vitamins (with iron) regularly, I will see a difference...here's to hoping!

I'd love to know if you find any difference with the iron or any other methods.  Good luck to you.

HW: 251  SW: 243  CW: 146  Height: 5'6.5"

willow972
on 3/8/10 1:31 am - Ontario, CA
I never had the headaches before surgery.  But I've been taking the iron supplements and am still getting the headaches.  I'm going to see my surgeon tomorrow for my 4 month check up and follow up with my PCP about the order for blood work. 
Most Active