MY FIRST HALF!! Race Report

Vampi
on 2/28/10 8:19 am - Mandeville, LA
RACE:  Rock N Roll Inaugural Mardi Gras Half Marathon in New Orleans

Well, I met both my goals...1)  I finished... Go me! 2) And I didn't die or need any kind of medic!  WOO HOO!

Also, I finished strong... at least the last 200 feet. I was doing really well up until mile 11.  Feeling really strong and good about it... alternating running and walking.  Then my hips and back started hurting. I slowly down those last two miles to about a 20 minute mile.  My hips were out of alignment last year, I had physical therapy, but it still bothers me sometimes. Anywho, finished in at 3:19, a lightening fast 15:19 per mile! LOL I'm a penguin... at the back of the pack... waddling! I had lot of fun though.  The music was great and the weather was spectacular... not a cloud in the sky.

HIGHEST 273.5 / PREOP 263.5 / CURRENT 198 / GOAL 161.5

morgansmommy
on 2/28/10 8:35 am - Gig Harbor, WA
CONGRATULATIONS! You should be so proud of your accomplishment! Great pictures. I am signing up for the Rock N Roll 1/2 in Seattle in June( I think).
Mary
Vampi
on 2/28/10 8:56 am - Mandeville, LA

The good part about the Rock and Roll Half was there was a band playing about every mile to every miles and a half.  It really help distract me from the running.  The music was great !  I don't think I would have enjoyed it as much without the live music. 

Good luck and don't think too hard about doing the Seattle run.... cause if you do, you might not do it.  LOL I think you have to be a little impulse and a little crazy to do these things! 

superconducting
on 2/28/10 8:39 am - Montgomery, NY
 way to go!  Not dying is up ther on my goal list in my first half too :)

Vampi
on 2/28/10 8:58 am - Mandeville, LA
REALLY!  LOL I watched people finishing the half last year and they would cross the finish line and collapse.... EGADS!  I am pretty sure they ran full speed the whole thing. 

DANCBJAMMIN
on 2/28/10 9:57 am - Fort Worth, TX
Great job girl... Way proud of you!
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

mcarthur01
on 2/28/10 10:54 am - Cumming, GA
congrats!  all that matters is that you had fun, that race sounds pretty cool, i'm going to have to look into running in one of those... congrats again.
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

Linn D.
on 2/28/10 1:57 pm - Missoula, MT
Go You!

I'm glad you had a great time at the race!  I really like the Rock 'n Rolls.  I've done the Arizona half 3 times and the full twice.  Very well run, and I also like having the music (not to mention lots of porta potties).  

Great job completing your goals and living to tell about it!

Linn
Seht
on 3/1/10 12:34 am
awesome job, congrats on finishing and enjoying your first 1/2 marathon.

Keep on waddling, it will get you to the finish line.  I think I am destined to be a lifetime waddler.

It sounds like you had a great day.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

SuziJones
on 3/1/10 1:51 am
Yeah you!!
That's soo fab!!! Wonderful insipration!! thank you for sharing!!
Most Active