WLS and Figure Competitions

CattG
on 2/22/10 3:29 am
Does anyone know of someone who has went from wls to a figure competition?  Or does anyone know if there is a reason why someone who's had wls could not get to that point?  I'm very interested in figure competitions and am training 6 days a week.  It would just be nice to know that someone started out where I am and accomplished this.

Medley411
on 2/22/10 3:55 am
There is someone on the board that does beauty contests.  Cant remember the name.
My nut also has entered body building competitions and she is quite good.  So yes, it can be done.
Best of luck!
DANCBJAMMIN
on 2/22/10 5:37 am - Fort Worth, TX
OK.... I will admit it... IT's ME!!!!
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

niffer1283
on 2/22/10 6:59 am - Richmond, IN
Love the socks...and of course the hair....

Jenny
He is ill clothed that is bare of virtue. ~~ Benjamin Franklin

RNY 05/29/2008
http://www.jensgyrations.blogspot.com

Katari
on 2/22/10 9:51 am - OR
You are a fashion GURU!! LOL.
Katie 
Ht. 5'2  HW 234/GW 150/LW 128/CW 132 
Size 18/20 to a size 4 in 9 months!

bwburgin1015
on 2/22/10 6:06 am - NC
Wow! Great picture Dan!  No reason you couldn't do a figure competition if your figure allows!  Just be prepared for the fact that most of us WLS folks have skin issues to deal with.  Of course there are no rules as to who can enter the competition!  My brother in law is a body builder. He competed in a show that didn't have any super-heavyweight competitors (225 and up).  I weighed about 375 at the time and was very fat!  I thought about entering the show just as a joke.  If I had I would have won the overall for Men's Superheavyweight and would have taken home the sword!

CattG
on 2/22/10 8:17 am
On February 22, 2010 at 2:06 PM Pacific Time, bwburgin1015 wrote:
Wow! Great picture Dan!  No reason you couldn't do a figure competition if your figure allows!  Just be prepared for the fact that most of us WLS folks have skin issues to deal with.  Of course there are no rules as to who can enter the competition!  My brother in law is a body builder. He competed in a show that didn't have any super-heavyweight competitors (225 and up).  I weighed about 375 at the time and was very fat!  I thought about entering the show just as a joke.  If I had I would have won the overall for Men's Superheavyweight and would have taken home the sword!

Fortunately I don't have any skin issues.  I think it's because I'm a slow loser (which is perfectly fine with me).  You really should have entered that show!!!   And great picture Dan!

bwburgin1015
on 2/22/10 8:18 pm - NC
LOL! It would have been funny!  Of course I'm not sure the embarrasment would have been worth the laugh!
SuziJones
on 2/22/10 10:36 am
I just had to thank you Dan for the wonderful laugh!!
You kill me!! hehehehe

And if you wanna enter then you should hun!! Go for it!! Work that sexy bod!!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them.  ~Michael Jordan 
My Goals:
1) 200lbs ACCOMPLISHED
3) 170lbs
4) Run 5K
"Unneeded food is not any less wasted in a body that doesnt need it, than it is in the trash." ~Brandilynn
 "Those that will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants." ~William Penn

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
onerland-2.jpg My Onerland!! picture by minnlay
Most Active