First real workout in about 6 weeks since surgery

Darrell H.
on 2/22/10 3:16 am - Sinton, TX
I kept putting it off and finally today I got everything together and jumped in head first. I woke up at 4 and was out the door by 5. Then while driving the 45 minute drive to the gym I workout at, I got pulled over and given a ticket! Who is working traffic at 5:30 in the morning on top of the Harbor Bridge? Oh well my fault. He got me when the speed changted from 65 to 55.

As for the workout it went great. It felt so good to be doing something again. I ran 30 minutes at a 10:50 pace then did an hour resistance workout of chest, back, shoulders, biceps, and triceps. I think I will swim tomorrow. So as of Monday February 22, 2010, I am officially back!
Tri Daring Greatly! www.tridaringgreatly.com

I will no longer be a spectator, a dreamer, a wonderer. I AM a doer; not only a goal setter, but a goal achiever. I will lead by example rather than word. I will "DARE GREATLY!"
Seht
on 2/22/10 4:12 am
Awesome news Darrell.  Sorry about the ticket though.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

mcarthur01
on 2/22/10 4:31 am - Cumming, GA
nice!  i bet it feels great to get back to it...
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

DANCBJAMMIN
on 2/22/10 5:32 am - Fort Worth, TX

FANTASTIC BUDDY!!!! Good to see you back Daring Greatly...

Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

SuziJones
on 2/22/10 10:38 am
Yeah for you sweety!!
I'm soo envoius! I'm still on walking only for another 3 weeks at least! UGH!! So walking I am! hehe
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them.  ~Michael Jordan 
My Goals:
1) 200lbs ACCOMPLISHED
3) 170lbs
4) Run 5K
"Unneeded food is not any less wasted in a body that doesnt need it, than it is in the trash." ~Brandilynn
 "Those that will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants." ~William Penn

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
onerland-2.jpg My Onerland!! picture by minnlay
Linn D.
on 2/22/10 11:24 am - Missoula, MT
That first one is always a little nerve-wracking.  Glad you're recovering well, and getting back to it.  I'm sure you know that it's because of your strength and fitness that your recovery has gone so well.  It only gets better!

Linn
saxman007
on 2/22/10 9:17 pm - Port Huron, MI
 Glad to hear that you're back at it bro!
Most Active