shape up shoes

SuziJones
on 2/20/10 6:03 am

I have seen a lot of hype and commercials about these shoes and I was wondering if anyone has actually tried them and if so did they like them and if they worked.

Since for the next 4 weeks I can only walk, I'm wondering if this is something that might be worth investing in. Or if I should try increasing the speed of my walking.

Thanks for your responses!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them.  ~Michael Jordan 
My Goals:
1) 200lbs ACCOMPLISHED
3) 170lbs
4) Run 5K
"Unneeded food is not any less wasted in a body that doesnt need it, than it is in the trash." ~Brandilynn
 "Those that will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants." ~William Penn

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
onerland-2.jpg My Onerland!! picture by minnlay
MacMadame
on 2/20/10 10:11 am - Northern, CA
I think they are a gimmick. They are advertising that you can get as fit you could going to a gym just walking around and that defies common sense.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

(deactivated member)
on 2/20/10 12:59 pm
I agree with MacMadame, I don't think that they do a hoot for you, fitness-wise, but if you have to be on your feet for an extended period of time they can't be beat. When I wear them I have zero lower back pain and I've gotten many compliments on my beautiful posture (believe me, without them I'm hunched over all the time). So for that reason I think they're a good product but I'd never expect gym results from them.

lindainaz
on 2/20/10 2:09 pm - Phoenix, AZ
They are worth their price if you have any back pain, ankle pain, knee pain . or foot pain. I have bone on bone on my left knee and since getting these shoes I have not needed any pain meds to walk. Almost totally eliminated my other joint pain. I tell everyone about them.
debilc
on 2/20/10 3:01 pm - Oak Harbor, WA

I can tell you I am really happy with them.  I am on my feet for 10 hours a day and my feet back ankles everything is great.  I feel like I stand taller and at first you will feel you are walking differently.  I do not think they are a merical in exercise but they are well worth there price.  Hugs Debi

A bad day Quilting is better than a good day at work. 
Besides Quilting has no calories no fat no icky taste. 
Start Weight 207 SW 172 CW140 GW 115

niffer1283
on 2/21/10 12:16 am - Richmond, IN
I like mine. My husband got a pair for me for Christmas. I don't know about all the fitness benefits, but I can tell you they're incredibly comfortable!

Jenny
He is ill clothed that is bare of virtue. ~~ Benjamin Franklin

RNY 05/29/2008
http://www.jensgyrations.blogspot.com

SuziJones
on 2/21/10 12:27 am
Thanks you ALL for your input. Might I ask those of you that have bought them what brand you bought? I know currently there are several different 'kinds' out there. I don't have any undo pain, but I could always use better posture!!

Thanks again! You are all so wonderful!
*big thankful hugs*
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them.  ~Michael Jordan 
My Goals:
1) 200lbs ACCOMPLISHED
3) 170lbs
4) Run 5K
"Unneeded food is not any less wasted in a body that doesnt need it, than it is in the trash." ~Brandilynn
 "Those that will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants." ~William Penn

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
onerland-2.jpg My Onerland!! picture by minnlay
niffer1283
on 2/21/10 4:31 am - Richmond, IN
Mine are Easy Spirit.

Jenny
He is ill clothed that is bare of virtue. ~~ Benjamin Franklin

RNY 05/29/2008
http://www.jensgyrations.blogspot.com

imacvyvr
on 2/21/10 5:40 am - Norfolk, VA
I have a pair of MBT's (the pricey ones). The funny thing is I had them since last March and just recently started wearing them frequently. I agree witht the other posters as far as great for support, posture, etc... But as far as workout, its iffy. At times I do feel it in my buttocks, but not enough to call it a workout.

Good luck on your choice and let us know what you choose.

Amy

(deactivated member)
on 2/21/10 8:36 am, edited 2/21/10 8:37 am
I work in a dialysis unit on my feet all day. I got a pair for 34.00 yea u heard right the day after x-mas they were 99.00 at Penney's I had a gift card and a 15% off coupon as well as a spend 75 get 15 off so I got them OTHERWISE do I think they are worth 100.00 too much for me LOL but I was just telling co-workers my thighs are tighter I will swear by that I work out 3 days a week know I should do more never worked out in them sorry to say my co-workers do I never did we do alot of stepping(stepper) and jogging so I didn't know if i could keep pace/ my balance LOL BRAND-SKETCHERS
Most Active