Are You A Lurker?

DANCBJAMMIN
on 2/20/10 11:47 pm - Fort Worth, TX

If you are a lurker here ... Tell us about it

(ok ok so maybe I just wanted to mix things up, and yes, that was a bit synical :))

Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

jet03
on 2/21/10 3:14 am - Canada
Dan,  too much time on your hands today? LOL!! You should be sending a warm & fuzzy invite instead. Just razzin ya Dan da man!

Jet
No longer lurking :)

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wxRQRwT/weight.png">>

merowassa
on 2/21/10 6:13 am
I'm sort of a lurker,  but really more just new to this board. I've been jogging 3-4 days a week for a couple of months now and plan to run my first 5K race on March 21.  Assuming it goes ok, I have races picked out for each month through the fall.   the I'm pretty close to my personal weight loss goal, and have realized that the only way I will maintain is to become some type of an athlete.  I've always been an active person-- I've walked everywhere for the past 9 years I've been a city dweller-- but my nature tends to prefer things like reading to things like running.  But, slowly, I'm learning to enjoy running, or at least how I feel when I am FINISHED running!

So, here I am.  Another lurker "outed." 

-Meg
Highest weight: 279
Surgery weight: 263
Current weight:154
DANCBJAMMIN
on 2/21/10 7:51 am - Fort Worth, TX
Good for you Meg! Congrats on everything and welcome.... Please jump in and don't just lurk. YOU ROCK!

www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com

Katari
on 2/21/10 8:03 am - OR
Welcome Meg. Congrats on signing up for your first 5k! That's awesome!! I'm a huge reader to, But I've found I really enjoy running. Hope to see you post more around the board.

Katie
Katie 
Ht. 5'2  HW 234/GW 150/LW 128/CW 132 
Size 18/20 to a size 4 in 9 months!

(deactivated member)
on 2/21/10 8:44 am
Hi I am.....  Trying to do anything I can at this point to stay focused and leave the junk food alone and workout more need to lose 20 pounds MOTIVATION is what I need at this point come to far to go BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DANCBJAMMIN
on 2/21/10 10:51 am - Fort Worth, TX
Well, you've come to the right place! Lot's of great motivating folks around here! Welcome...

www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com

SuziJones
on 2/22/10 12:50 pm
I think I'm new rather then a lurker. I never even knew that OH had an exercise forum?!?! Crazy I know...but since I've discovered it I've made a few posts.

I'm in the liquid stage of my diet since having surgery on Feb 9th.

All I can currently do is walk, and so I try to walk at least 2 miles a day broken up over several dog walks through out the day along with walking my stairs for 20 minutes a day. Trying to keep busy and moving and hoping to burn calories as well!

I can't wait til the 6 week is up so I can get with a personal trainer to help me get in shape and hopefully be running/jogging 2 miles by May! My husband says I'm being OVERLY optomistic in wanting to run by then, but I'm hoping I can do it! hehe

I really have enjoyed all the info you guys have on here and am so glad I found this forum!
~smiles and waves~
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them.  ~Michael Jordan 
My Goals:
1) 200lbs ACCOMPLISHED
3) 170lbs
4) Run 5K
"Unneeded food is not any less wasted in a body that doesnt need it, than it is in the trash." ~Brandilynn
 "Those that will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants." ~William Penn

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
onerland-2.jpg My Onerland!! picture by minnlay
GIRLIEGODDESS
on 2/23/10 3:15 am
hey everyone.  I guess i am a lurker of sorts. :)  Everyone seems to have an extremely more elevated level of physical expertise than me, but i gotta start somewhere.  I either elliptical or cycle for a minimum of 30 minutes 5-6 days a week.  tried to start the C2 5K on monday and popped my knee again.  dr. says i have torn meniscus & need surgery.  don't have the time to get any surgery right now, so i am doing what i can.  I am also going doing a Chi Walking 8-week program.  it's amazing how much better my body feels with proper form.  :)
HW-347, SW-332, GW-209         

shorter
on 2/23/10 4:21 am - na, OK
I confess! I'm a lurker. I'll probably never run a a 5k, let alone a marathon, but I plan to get in good enough shape to hike most of a day. I'm using a treadmill 5 days/week and have started light weight training (toning rather than bulking). I've always felt awkward running and still do, but my walking speed is improving and I'm going further.

Is there anyone on this forum like me, that is an unnatural athlete?
5'3/4" 56 years young 
Heaviest Weight 250; Consult Weight 232; Surgery Weight 211
Shorter  

Are you maintaining?  Join us at http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Most Active