Sunday Workouts!!!

Linn D.
on 2/21/10 9:50 am - Missoula, MT
Congrats on your PR!  Love that feeling!

Linn 
KittenLove
on 2/21/10 4:32 am - Around Knoxville, TN
My longest run EVER--10 miles outside --and it was part the course for my half which is 5 wks from today!!! Is there a minimum pace that's considered "acceptable"?

Be happy. 

DANCBJAMMIN
on 2/21/10 4:35 am - Fort Worth, TX
he minimal acceptable pace is finishing....
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Scott William
on 2/21/10 8:23 am
Dan's answer is correct.  I know what you are getting at.  You don't want to feel like an idiot by being last by 15 minutes (i think). Don't worry - you won't.  You will be fine.  

Anyway, it kind of depends on the race.  The Disney half has a 3:30 limit which translates into 16 minute miles.   I would say that about half of the finishers will come in after about 2:45 which is about 12 1/2 minute miles.  I ran a half last year with about 250 finishers and there were three that were after 2:45.  It was February, cold and the course was impossibly hilly.   Only serious runners showed up.  Well ...and me with stomach issues.

Don't worry about where you finish.  Congrats on having the courage to start!
Scott

Link to my running journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1303681

4 full's - 14 halves - 2 goofy's and one Mt. Washington!
Rob S.
on 2/21/10 6:07 am - DE
Today was sort of a rest day.  Trying to repair the damage I did my calf yesterday.  I walked 3.5 miles today, followed by a shoulder and back workout and some intense stretching.  Tomorrow I call to get an appointment for an evaluation and to get taped.  Need to get back on track to get my miles in for the half-marathon end of March.
Rob
niffer1283
on 2/21/10 5:59 pm - Richmond, IN
THAT was "sort of a rest day?" Geez, I'm such a piker....

Jenny
He is ill clothed that is bare of virtue. ~~ Benjamin Franklin

RNY 05/29/2008
http://www.jensgyrations.blogspot.com

ErinsClovers
on 2/21/10 6:08 am
 I was tired today, but swam 1000 meters...my husband did not get in till about 2 in the am, so not much sleep...but I got out and swam...
merowassa
on 2/21/10 6:17 am
I meant to run today, but then had to visit a co-worker in the hospital.  I walked about 2-3 miles today (around the city- I actually count the blocks), but am still kind of sad that I didn't actually get to the gym. 

On a brighter note, I am buying new running shoes this week.  Yay!

-Meg
Elisa K.
on 2/21/10 8:07 am - Lumberton, NJ
I finally got to run outside - did my favorite 6.3 mile route - lots of hills
sunni1974
on 2/21/10 8:40 am
43 min walking outdoors
Most Active