Calling ALL Runners!!!!!!!!!!

DANCBJAMMIN
on 2/14/10 11:34 am - Fort Worth, TX

Ok you guys.... I cannot stop thinking about my race last weekend and how awesome it was. So, with a week shy of 1 year to prepare, I am calling out ALL of you runners, and say individually and collectively, to you all, TRAIN AND PLAN TO DO THE ROOCKY RACCOON RACE in 2011!!!

Here is the website : http://www.tejastrails.com/Rocky.html  The date is 2/5/2011

I will be going for the 100 mile race again. However, the cool thing is, they give you 29 hours to complete the 50 miler. That means you could average 1.80 MPH (Crawling speed) and still finish an ULTRA! The medals are sweet for 50 miles, the buckle is Bad A$$ for the 100. It is 1 hour north of Houston, you could probably get a flight (Southwest flies there) for $200 and there are decent hotels close to the race for under $50 a night. Entry fee was like $75 and was an incredibly ran race. Read the reports and comments on the website for input.

Let me know if you are interested and I will start working on group discounts at hotels and make sure we are taken care of. If you are looking for a way to "Up the Ante" and push yourself, do it here, you will not be dissapointed! I HOPE WE GET A BUNCH OF US OUT THERE!!!!!!!!

Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

kerniec
on 2/14/10 6:26 pm - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/22/14
Dan

Are you sure your mind has cleared since that "altering" event?    That's a fantastic, ambitious goal......but even at crawling speed, I have doubts............It's a great idea though.  Houston huh? ...............I like challenges..............

275 SW 8/5/08LB 165MW 2009-11, LB complications 2010-14

7-22-14 Revision LB to VSG 212SW/192CW/159GW  HT 5'7"

mcarthur01
on 2/14/10 9:37 pm - Cumming, GA
food for thought.... let me get through this latest injury and the marathon in march before i commit.
Where are we going??  And why am I in this handbasket??

right now.  somewhere.  somebody is working harder than you.

Seht
on 2/15/10 5:27 am
Still having the debate with my wife.  After reading your race report, she doesn't want me to go without a support team like you had, and we can't afford for the whole family to go.

So, it's going to take some convincing.

Scott

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

DANCBJAMMIN
on 2/15/10 10:12 am - Fort Worth, TX
There will be tons of support there for you... Nothing beats family, but there will be some pretty descent sloppy seconds there for you...
Your Friend In Health & Sport,

Dan Benintendi - OH Support Group Leader
www.trimywill.com 
www.swimfromobesity.com
www.trimywill.blogspot.com
Support Group: www.obesityhelp.com/group/Post_Op_PRs/

Duane1064
on 2/15/10 7:35 pm - Bloomington, IN
Alisica and I will plan to be there.  Sounds like something that I would like to do.

Duane

"Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us."
I run for those who can't or won't.  I run because I once was one of those people.         
Vampi
on 2/17/10 11:44 am - Mandeville, LA
Sounds great, but I need to get past my first half marathon in 11 days.  Already freakin out.... Can't even imagine 50 yet.  That race is definitely my pace though! 

HIGHEST 273.5 / PREOP 263.5 / CURRENT 198 / GOAL 161.5

Most Active