Exercise @ home??

spaulding01
on 2/11/10 8:08 am
I live in a very rural area of WV and would love to start an exercise routine at home.. I have been to the gym but due to weather conditions, I cannot see paying for a membership when I may be able to get there once a week.. I am looking for things that can be done @ home to get me started.. I have 1 and 5 pound weights, a recumbment bike that is stuck on the hardest level!! Just looking for ideas to get me through til Spring..
~Ness~

marcie K.
on 2/11/10 12:36 pm - Sahuarita, AZ
I like the firm workouts.  Depending on what you choose the videos can use just weights or get one of the programs with the step.

(deactivated member)
on 2/11/10 7:17 pm - Jacksonville, FL
I have a treadmill and walk everyday on it.  I also have 3, 5 and 8 pound hand weights and 3 and 5 pound ankle weights for strength training.  I follow the exercises in a book named Strength Training for Women by Joan Pagano.

Hope that helps and wish you luck getting a home workout program going.
katrn05
on 2/12/10 8:04 pm - Troy, MI
Tabata training. You can find some articles on the net about it. I found out about this through my Krav Maga class. We picked three exercises: Squats, push-ups and sit-ups. Each exercise you do five sets that are 20 seconds long after 20 seconds, you rest for 10 secs. You do each exercise five times as fast as you can and you can eventually build up the number of sets you do. It's a fairly quick routine but it's intense.

Some of the exercises I do when I am Tabata training at home are squats, push-ups, sit-ups, squats with an overhead dumbell press, mountain climbers and burpees.

mstrip59
on 2/14/10 5:19 am
If you have cable TV check to see if they have video on demand.  If so check the health and fitness section and hopefully you will see a wide variety of things you can do.  I have ATT Uverse and there VOD has stuff that is as simple as walking at home, dance and workouts  with equipment.  Some of the workouts are 10 minutes long to full hour long sessions, I love the walk at home, get a 20 minute mile and the different dance workouts.  Good luck. 
andrea73
on 2/15/10 11:51 pm
 Jillian Michaels "30 Day Shred" is good as well as her "Burn the Fat, Boost the Metabloism" and her "No More Trouble Zones".  

With those three you will have a good 50 minute cardio DVD, a good 50 minute Weight lifting DVD and a 20 minute quick DVD that does both. 

I also like the Kathy Smith "Life Weights to Lost Weight" DVD.  Very challenging.  You can do all of these at home with hand weights. 
8.5 CC in my 11 CC Band

jennifer68
on 2/16/10 12:05 am - MA
I work out at home as well. I do have a tread mill but that gets boring. I just started shred. I also go up and down the stairs. If I have to go up stairs then I have a rule..go up, come down, go up, come down and one more time. It's gotten easier, so that means I need to add another set. Sounds silly, but it gets me moving.
Most Active